Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15410 03/31/13 01:02 PM
B
bethann Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello...

My name is Beth and I am new to the board. My husband and I are pursuing adoption and awaiting the birth of a baby girl due at the end of May. We are incredibly excited and just spent several days with the potential birth mother. She is amazing and is committed to making this adoption plan work. Fingers crossed...

I am exploring induced lactation as I am considering nursing the baby. I am over 35, never given birth and have had a bad reaction
to Yasmin in the past. I am wondering if anyone could share their experiences...opinions...feedback regarding successful protocols? I did read some of the postings on this site but I'd like to hear some personal experiences too.

Thanks in advance smile
Beth

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I did the protocol with the Yasmin. I was under 35 the first time and over 35 the second. I had no issues except a little weight gain. I think you can use other bcp's (ortho-novum I think), or they are recommending a different protocol for those over 35 to limit the risk from blood clots. From what I have seen, those that do the bcp's seem to be more successful, but you should talk to your doctor to see what they say for you.

The domperidone is the most important part, but the bcp's help to prep the breasts, especially for those that have never nursed before. Whatever you decide, I would start soon, especially if you have a match. The domperidone takes a while to get if you order it online.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer

B
bethann Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you so much smile

M
M
Hello, this is my second time trying to induce milk firstime I did the accelerated protocol with Yasmine and domperidon it worked great I was under 35, now this would my second time. This time we are trying to adopt 2 kids at a time I appreciate any advice from the senior members, I was planning to do the same process as before as I know it worked, but any recommendations are helpful.
Thank you so much for providing this service.
Deeba

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Deeba,

Congrats on the adoption! My advice would be to start the protocol now and stay on it for as long as possible to give yourself the best chance to produce enough milk for both children. The accelerated protocol may not be enough to prepare your body.

Good luck and keep us updated!

M
M
Hi Claudia,
Thank you for the advice, I am getting the prescription for domperidone(its required now:( )it was lot easier before, but at least they still have it in the market. I will try to get the other medication you mentioned I am just nervous to try anything new:(but anyways thank you so much and I will keep you guys posted with my progress.
Deeba

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
There was a recent discussion on the prescription topic as well. You do not need one if you order from http://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/ (.vu not .biz), however you cannot pay with a credit card, you can only use E-check.

M
M
Hi Claudia,

We ended up getting one baby only and due to some circumstances I didn't start the protocol, our baby is about 9 months and now I am starting on accelerated protocol.
I just wanted to double check to make sure I am doing this right, I should take bcp and domperidone 20mg 4 times a day until my breasts feel sore then stop bcp and continue domeridone..?

I did this before but for some reason I remember I took bcp for 30 days then when I felt my breasts sore I stopped bcp and started domeridone.

Really appreciate your help,
Deeba

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Deeba,

Congratulations on your baby! That's very exciting. I would stay on the bcps and dom for at least 30 days (to give your body the best chance at making the amount of milk you want) and then stop taking the bcps and continue with the dom. Good luck and keep us posted!

P
P
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I decided to join the forum to share my knowledge and to learn more. Happy to be a part of this forum.

Madrid, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Hello my name is Amaya,

I am a mother of two childs, a girl of 6 years and a small of two years. I had a bad time with the girl at night, I slept little and woke up with the boy, the same happens, now from two years it seems that he sleeps better. I hope to find good advice and contribute everything I can!

Thank you for leaving me part of this community!

My blog about babies Babies blog
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.