Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15436 04/11/13 09:47 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hello,
I am expecting my twins on May 16 or earlier through a surrogate. I am 1 week and 3 days into pumping with the accelerated induced lactation protocol. I pump every 2 hours more or less and making sure to pump 10 times per day and once in the night, early morning. I was elated that I have tiny drops of breastmilk coming out but it is intermittent and not with every pump. Is there any method to pumping to be more effective and I would like to know of others who had done induced lactation on how long before they can see milk flow.

Thanks.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
The first time I induced I got milk right away, but I think it was partly because the baby was with us.

The second time, it took 5 days before I got more than drops. I had to start looking at pictures of babies crying to help my milk to start coming.

Have you tried looking at pictures or videos of babies while pumping? Do you massage the breasts while you pump?

Good luck to you!
Jennifer

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks jenmarko,

I have not tried that. Will try all your suggestions.

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I would try to do the pump, jiggle, pump method. I would pump about half my time and then stop and jiggle, massage, move my breasts around. Then I would complete my pumping time.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Some people it is hearing the crying that helps. Maybe you could find that online?
Jennifer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how are things going? I am an IBCLC and have a mom on the same path as you. Baby due in a month. She's been pumping a week and is getting intermittent drops. Would love to have any tips from you since you're fresh with the experience. I will work on getting her connected here. Also, my email is [email protected] and you are welcome to reach out to her via me.
Thanks for sharing!

Liane

Moderated by  Lenore 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.