Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
OP Offline
M
Day 12:

12-13ml today and a lovely homemade superhero cape for my son's "Halloween in June" costume party at camp. Good day all around.

M
OP Offline
M
Day 13:

15-16ml today plus whatever my daughter drank. Looks like I am finally starting to see some progress!

I bought some brewer's yeast to add to the herbs/dom on the advice of the doctor. I figure it can't hurt. Maybe I'll try it every other day at the beginning because I don't want to start having yeast issues on top of everything else.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Sounds great! Good job!
Jennifer

M
OP Offline
M
Day 14:

20ml! A new record! I was really excited.

Day 15:
just 18ml today. I had hoped for more given that I was increasing at a rate of 2.8ml/day (according to my excel spreadsheet), but I missed a pumping session.

Day 16:
Not through yet but I don't think I'll be setting new records. I'm at 15ml with 3 sessions to go.

There is no way that I have maxed out at 20ml, right?

M
OP Offline
M
Day 17:

An amazing 28ml...I almost pumped an ounce today!

M
OP Offline
M
35ml today! I finally pumped an ounce. smile

M
OP Offline
M
The past few days I have felt an intense burning on my breasts after pumping. The skin is often hot to the touch and the discomfort will last for quite a while (more than 30 minutes). Is this normal? I have had mastasis in the past and it doesn't feel like that. Also I don't have enough milk to feel engorged.

M
OP Offline
M
Day 19: 32 ml today but I missed a pumping session (or 2). I was actually expecting it to be worse.

M
OP Offline
M
Day 20: 38ml today. I was hoping for 40 but I will take what I can get.

It is somewhat concerning that I'm not really accelerating the way I probably should given that I don't know how much more I can do. Still, I'll keep this up a little while longer and hope that I start to show larger gains. While I don't have a definitive timeline in mind, there's a limit to how long I'll keep going with the pumping, lactaid, and medications if I'm only ever going to be able to provide 1-2% of my daughter's daily need.

C
C
I am sorry to hear you're feeling a bit discouraged. I have been excited as I continue to see the regular gains you are having. It must feel like things have been going rather slowly to you but it's been encouraging for me to see your progress. Don't forget as well that breastfeeding is only in small part about nutrition. More and more, we are learning that breastfeeding as an action is brain-building for babies and have benefits that go far beyond just nutrition.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.