Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16501 06/13/14 04:52 PM
H
heymiz Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have been on progesterone for about 2 mos. Baby is due in mid august through adoption. I think I had good breast changes with BCP, but my period never stopped. I get mixed info on when to start pumping 6 weeks before? 3 weeks?

I haven't started Dom yet, not getting a lot of support from MD, going to GYN next week, hopefully he will give me Rx.

Thanks for any info.

Laura

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hello,

You are technically not on the protocol until you are on the dom and the birth control pills. You can order the dom online www.inhousepharmacy.biz without a prescription. My suggestion would be to order the dom now and take it as soon as you get it along with the birth control pills. Ideally you want to be on the protocol as long as possible to get the best results. I would stay on until at least 2 or 3 weeks before the baby is due. Pumping exclusively can be very tiring. If you don't (or can't)pump for 3 weeks before the baby comes then you can wait until the baby is born, stop taking the birth control pills and use an SNS device to breast feed the baby. The baby will drain the breasts better than the pump and the baby will get your milk as well as the supplemented milk. Good luck and keep us updated.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.