Next Thread
Print Thread
#16537 07/10/14 02:40 PM
M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello All,
I hope you'll be able to give me some advice please. I am 18 days into pumping after being on dom (120mg per day) and yasmin for 3 months, and all i am getting is about 3 mls a day pumping and hand expression. I'm 33 years old, no health problems. I am taking the suggested doses of fenugreek and blessed thistle and have oatmeal 2/3 times a week. I pump on average 8 times a day including once in the night (4am). I'm using a medela symphony. i tend to find i have lots of drops left after my 20minute pump is over, which i hand express. I do the massage, stroke and shake before pumping. i'm hoping things improve, but its very very slow for me. p.s i only had very little breast changes (fuller breasts and tenderness but not a whole cup increase). my baby is already with us and is 11 months now so i dont breastfeed (he bites!!!) please help!! thank you in advance

Last edited by Moona; 07/10/14 02:45 PM.
M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
*I still take the 120mg of dom along with the herbs and oatmeal

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
You are doing all the right things! Consistency is key and it is frustrating when you don't see immediate results but know that it is worth it. Have you tried calling a local lactation consultant? I know that you say your baby bites but a lactation consultant may be able to work with both of you to find a comfortable way to nurse. Nursing your baby will provide you a lot of satisfaction outside of just the amount of milk you produce. If you aren't comfortable with that I would suggest emailing Lenore to see if she suggests a higher dose of the dom. Building a large supply doesn't happen overnight. You doing a great job. Good luck and keep us updated.

M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you for the support Claudia, really appreciated. Lenore did email me about the dom and said they don't suggest a dose higher than 90mg as there's no evidence it's more efficient than the 90mg. i have contact with a lac consultant online but there isn't one near me who's 'open' to adoptive breastfeeding (I live in France)I will keep soldiering on. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by Moona; 07/11/14 09:50 AM.
M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
still struggling but i managed to save 40ml in 7 days. very very slow. feeling very discouraged. the only positive thing is i've seen a few sprays during hand expression. will be a month on the 23rd since i started pumping

Last edited by Moona; 07/18/14 08:40 PM.
M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
just a quick update. I've finally decided to wean off pumping as all i make now is 10ml per day. I tried my best but something obviously hasn't worked. I'm pumping only once a day to remove any milk and wait for the milk to dry up. Any advice on weaning off pumping would be really appreciated. (i've stopped the medication) thank you

extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
If your getting 10 ml a day. You can go to just one pumping a day. It will dry up pretty quickly

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
Moona Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you Nona

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.