Next Thread
Print Thread
#17173 09/17/14 03:37 PM
S
simsea Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Ladies,

We are having twins via gestational surrogacy mid Nov this year. I have been following the protocol with contraceptives and 80 mg of Domperidon since our surrogate became pregnant (in april). I have finally decided to start pumping a week ago to give me enough time to establish my supply before the twins arrive.

I pump 7 times a day, not yet at night though frown. I also have oats for breakfast atleast 4 mornings a week.

On day 1 and 2 I had some drops at each at every pumping session.
On day 3 a couple of drops fell at the bottom during a few sessions.
On day 4 and 5 I've had 7ml of total milk during the day.
But for the last couple of days my supply has dropped to 5ml. So it has decreased instead of increasing.

So the questions I have are -
1. I'm using Medela Freestyle pump and feel quite comfortable with it. Is it a good enough pump?
2. Is my supply increasing at the correct rate?
3. Should I start taking the herbs? Do they really help??
4. Do I need to increase the intake of Domperidon?
5. Is it normal to have double the milk from one breast?
6. What else can I do to increase my supply?

Any help would be really appreciated. I really need to make this a success, so I'll do whatever it takes. Many thanks in advance.

simsea #17175 09/17/14 07:55 PM
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Your doing better than I did! I did not get a drop for 2 weeks. It took that long for the estrogen to get out of my system. Yes you can add the herbs. They do help. And you can increase up to 120 mg of domperidone. But do not go above. Also try massaging your breast in circular motions starting at the chest wall around until you get to your nipple. Put warm compresses on your breast before you pump. The freestyle pump is a great pump it will work. How long are you pumping? Atleast 15 minutes to 20 double pumping? Yes it is normal to get more out of one than the other. I would add atleast 1 night pumping in there to

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
simsea #17187 09/18/14 07:59 AM
S
simsea Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Many thanks for your response Nona. I'm planning to start herbs from tomorrow and add a night-time session in a couple of days too. I have now started the massage and increased the Domperidone to 120 mg. I already do 20 mins sessions of double pumping. Could you please share your experience and how long did it take you to start pumping oz during each session? Did you manage to get full supply and how long did it take you?? Many thanks

simsea #17276 09/20/14 10:09 PM
S
simsea Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just wanted to post that on day 9 my pumping output increased to 15 ml and on day 10 today I pumped a total of 30 ml. I'm quite happy with my progress. Thanks for the advice Nona.

simsea #17277 09/20/14 10:56 PM
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
That's great news. Keep up the good work!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.