Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Nona
Premilk length depends on each woman. ITs the clearer white you get in the beginning. You will know when its just milk. It will take on the full white in color. :0

Thank you Nona! I just placed my order for Domperidone so obviously it is too early for me to start pumping since I have not even starter the protocol yet but I was curious the other night and tried to hand express and see what happens. A few tiny brown drops came out... LOL don't know why they are brown, maybe because I am so old wink but I am very excited about getting some white stuff soon! :))

T
OP Offline
T
So I finally got all my drugs together, taking them, waiting to see what happens... smile

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Good Luck!

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you! smile I am so excited about this whole thing!

T
OP Offline
T
I have been the domeperidone for about 3 weeks now and on BCP for just over 2 week..... my breasts are HUGE! If it keeps going at that rate I might start falling over smile

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
That's good news!!... as long as you don't fall wink

T
OP Offline
T
LOL it is getting hard to keep balance wink I swear, about half of my body weight is in my breasts right now.... So it looks like the protocol is working... very curious to see the final result

T
OP Offline
T
Hello,

I just want to post some updates and some questions. I also posted a new topic in the Medical Intervention section since I am taking medication (Domperidone).

So the protocol that I had to follow was the accelerated one since I came across it so late and didn't have the luxury of time to prepare myself properly. The first part of the protocol (before pumping) seemed to go very well, my breasts became so big, heavy, full and painful I thought they were ready to just explode with milk when the time comes.... However this is not what's happening.

I have been pumping for about 3 weeks now and all I am getting is drops with about one teaspoon of milk from each breast per pumping session. When I started pumping I had just a drop or two it very thick brown substance, then I started seeing some progress, the liquid became more and more like milk and drops became more plentiful. I thought it would keep going up and up from there but for the last week and a half the amount I am getting has been the same - barely a teaspoon per breast per session and it doesn't seem to be increasing. I feel like I got stuck on that amount and I don't notice any progress. My breasts also don't feel that plump and heavy any more.

I am still taking Domperidone 90 mg a day, Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle and constantly drink lactation promoting herbal tea. I pump about 7-10 times a day and try to do it at least once and sometimes twice during the night.I use Medela In Style pump.

When I pump I also try to do hand compressions and when I am finished pumping I hand express for another 10 minutes trying to get every drop out. Interestingly, very often I get more milk out during my hand expressions than from the pump. My breasts are feeling sore from all the work out I am giving them but it is not bad.

Our surrogate is due in about 2-3 weeks and I was really hoping to be able to produce a decent quantity of milk by that time but I don't see how that can happen with the way things are going.

I would really really like to make it happen. Is there anything else I can possibly be doing? Or maybe doing something differently? I would appreciate any comments or advice!

Thank you !

Tanya

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.