photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
About three weeks ago I started to naturally induce lactation(never given birth or been pregnant). I was taking fenugreek but it was very hard to find blessed thistle locally, and I was pumping every two hours around the clock. I discovered new veins on my breasts and that was the only change I had noticed. I'm impatient so I wanted things to get moving. I knew that I wanted to start domperidone eventually so I ordered it. With no results I was eager and took two tablets of vomistop the day it came in the mail, which was two days ago. The next day after taking the dom , I had clear drops coming to my nipples all day. This morning when I woke up I had a drop fall off of my nipple. I know it's not much, but for two days I think it's great. Along with the dom, I'm taking 3 capsules of Fenugreek, 3 capsules of blessed thistle, and one capsule of VitaNica Lactation blend 4xday. The Lactation blend had goats rue in it which I thought I would need for the milk making tissue & my breasts were huge after about three days. I didn't want to take bcp because I don't like the way my body acts afterwards. I think my biggest help is POWER PUMPING. Pumping 10 minutes, rest 10 minutes, then pumping again. I do this for up to two hours or whenever I have enough time. I really think it's helping me but it's hard to tell with such little time I've been doing this. I'm also drinking tons of water and eating oats at least 3 times a week. I hope this helps somebody smile

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Sounds like you are making great progress! Keep us updated.

M
OP Offline
M
Update: Just a few minutes ago, I pumped after hand expressing all morning and for the first time I got a little over one ounce. I feel so accomplished smile But yesterday I skipped a dose of domperidone. I have been taking 20mg 4 times a day & yesterday I only had 20mg 3 times throughout the day. This makes me think that taking more isn't better. I believe that the more pumping and expressing that's done then the more milk. I'm currently pumping both sides for 20-25 minutes then hand expressing for another 10-15 and that seems to be working so well for me.

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
That's great news. I am glad you are seeing improvement!

Canada
Y
Y
Canada
I am just beginning on the domperidone 10 4x a day and progesterone 1 x aday. Did you follow the protocol on this site? When did you start pumping? I am going to rent a pump but wonder when I should start that. I have been hand stimulating whenever I am in a place I can get away with it as I also believe this is the best way to stimulate, the ways our ancestresses did, but as I am needing to rush this a bit, I am using the drugs. I will try the herbs you suggested too, but am wanting to make sure there are no adverse effects with either medication. Really needing to fast track this process.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.