Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24089 04/23/15 11:05 PM
B
bee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Long story short - I never breastfed and my baby is now 6 months old. I have attempted relactation without medication twice. The first time I had small successes but had to stop. The second time I had no success. The difference between the two times was the frequency my child would latch on. I decided to order Domperidone, against my better judgement, but this is a last ditch effort.

I have been on progesterone only BCP for 4 months already. My questions are, do I need to do an entire month of the Domperidone prior to pumping? Can I just start pumping immediately? Is there a reason not to do this prior to breast changes? I never really noticed any changes even when relactation was working.

Any advice is helpful. I would like to get off this BCP as soon as possible and I would like to get the process started again.

Last edited by bee; 04/24/15 01:25 AM.
B
bee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I would also be interested to hear feedback regarding the Dr. Newman updates described here http://www.breastfeedingwithoutbirthing.com/1/category/protocols%20for%20inducing%20lactation/1.html

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Bee,

I can't directly help you with your questions but I advise you to email Lenore directly and she can provide you the advice that you require.

Good Luck!

B
bee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I did, thank you.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.