Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All,

I am looking for your guidance on this. Ben is doing great and gaining great....but I worry about his schedule.

He eats at 9:30am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and then nurses with no lact aid at 3am and 6am. He only nurses on the right side now because the left was neglected and stopped producing. He gets 3 1/2 to 4 oz in the lact aid plus whatever he gets from me which was about 3 to 4 oz a day from the right side only. I am sure he gets more now....I can still see the mustard-y poo mixed in with his brown formula poo.

I heard they were supposed to eat six to eight times a day....but I am worried. Also he almost always spits up after eating.....is he getting too much food at one sitting....should he get more feedings/less at the actual feeding?

He doesn't cry for food and sometimes I have to wake him up to eat.....like during his mid morning nap.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Eden

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Eden,

It would help if you could try to get your baby onto the other side. Sometimes a change in position will help. Not taking the other side is a common problem. It sometimes indicates a buise from birth or some other issue. With the help of a board certified lactation consultant you can most likely get your baby to go to that side.

Ok having said that, as long as your baby is gaining well, has lots of heavy wet diapers and is stooling well, you can keep to the schedule your baby has made for himself. No need to wake your baby for feedings.

If your baby was not gaining, not peeing, and not pooing, you would want to be sure to feeding him more often.

You're doing GREAT! Hang in there honey.

Fondly, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.