Next Thread
Print Thread
#2802 12/19/03 03:37 PM
TX, USA!
barbi Offline OP
OP Offline
TX, USA!
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update on Brooke. All is well, we had a little scare on Nov. 26, I woke up at 6:00am with severe pain, which I suspected was contractions but also had some other stomach things going on so I suspected it might be viral. After two hours of stomach pains I finally woke my husband up and told him what was going on. I tried taking a bath, to no avail, so I called my Dr. She suspsected a stomach virus as well but told me to go to the hospital just in case. Well, turns out I was having contractions 2-4 minutes apart and was severely dehydrated, as was Brooke! My cervix was also softening and she could feel Brooke's head. They were able to stop the contractions but Brooke was very stressed and her heartrate wouldn't drop from 200. I stayed over night and by morning all was well again and my contractions were few and far between.

My last sonogram three weeks ago showed Brooke to be on the big side, the Dr. believes she is probably about 4 1/2 lbs. (well, five by now), so a little on the big side. My Dr. appointment yesterday shows her to measure about 35 weeks (I am 34 weeks now), so she is only a bit ahead.

Anyway, all is well, Brooke is growing right on target (if not a little ahead ;o) and I am just ready to have her!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Barbi

barbi #2803 12/21/03 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
I am glad that the baby and you are ok,,,hang in there a little longer!! take care, Cathy

barbi #2804 12/26/03 05:01 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Whew!! So glad things are working out. Won't be long now and you'll be holding her in your arms.

Have you arranged for a board certified lactation consultant to assist you with breastfeeding? You can find one here www.iblce.org Just click on either the US or International Registry depending on where you are.

There also quite a bit of help in the breastfeeding section of this site.

Can't wait to hear your birth story!!

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.