I posted this at another message board that I belong to. I realize that some of the members there are also members here, but for those who are not I wanted to share this. It infuriates me and makes me feel helpless to change it. Below is a copy of that post:

I stopped buying Nestle products decades ago, but over time a few slipped in (one example is my 13 year old daughter hates to eat in the mornings, so she drinks Carnation instant breakfast each day). I will be more vigilant once again.

I just saw this and can't believe how immoral they are:

Baby formula marketing effort upsets advocates of breastfeeding

[color:"blue"] "...Nestle SA is betting on Hispanic mothers ? to boost its share of the $3 billion U.S. infant-formula market -- and some doctors and breast-feeding advocates are irate. The company has begun promoting Nan, a leading brand in Latin America, just as the U.S. government is poised to launch the first campaign in a century to persuade low-income, minority mothers to breast-feed.

The numbers help explain why Nestle is focusing on the 38 million Hispanics in the U.S. They already make up 13 percent of the total population, and that percentage is expected to grow to 20 percent of the U.S. population by 2020. "Hispanic households tend to be larger and have growing birth rates," Armentano says. In addition, Hispanic mothers in the U.S. tend to be less educated, and research suggests that women with less education are more likely to bottle-feed their babies. That makes them a desirable marketing target for formula companies..." [/color]

I wish there were something other than (or in addition to) boycotting that we could do that would be effective in educating new moms, as well as something to stop companies like Nestle from misleading and ultimately being responsible for ill health and even death of infants and babies.

Cathryn
~~~~~~~

3 bio teens all bf?d. Almost adopted last spring, praying to try again. Expressing 6 X day, 10mg dom 2/day, (18-22 oz/day).