Print Thread
#3154 03/17/04 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HI Lenore - just came across your great site. I am looking for advice - we have a healthy baby girl who will be two in April. We are so thankful for her. Since Mikalyn - we have had two miscarries - one at 12 weeks and the second just last month at 18 weeks. We had two great normal ultrasounds and had a fetal doppler to monitor our new babies progress. Unfortuneately, our worst fears came to fruition one nite when we couldnt find the heartbeat. We live on a Caribbean island right now - so we flew my wife to Miami University Hospital to deliver our little girl - my wife said she looked perfect when she was delivered. My wife was bleeding heavily so they quickly did a D and C and pretty much ignored the baby. Pathology did a quick look at the baby and said she was normal and that no cause of death could be identified. End of story. We got a call yesterday from the Dr yesterday and he said that Maureen had ANA and that may be an issue. As well Maureen has two sisters with Protein S issues. What should I ask my family doctor on the island to do - to follow up on the Miami Dr's issue with ANA. Any thoughts appreciated. To the moms out there - hug your kids for me - they truly are miracles.

#3155 03/21/04 07:13 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
I am so sorry for your losses. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage, I understand how devastated you must feel.

ANA is a cause of miscarriage and is usually treated with Prednisone during pregnancy. For more comprehenisve information please visit the Beer Clinic website at www.repro-med.net.

There is most likely other issues of concern. Has your wife been tested for antiphospholipids? anticardiolipin antibody? You can probably arrange for your wife's blood to be shipped to the Beer Clinic for analysis.

Another important resource is Dr. Roger Bick. He's written a comprehensive article on recurrent miscarriage that you may want to take a look at here http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/print/bickp.html

Dr. Bick may be reached as follows:

"MY MEDICAL WEBSITE IS http://www.thrombosis.net or more extensive is http://www.thrombosis.com

Patients can each me directly at rbick@thrombosis.com or 214-373-9350"

Rodger L. bick, M.D., Ph.D., FACP
Clinical Professor of Medicine & Pathology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Director: Dallas Thrombosis Hemostasis Clinical Center

Please take advantage of these very important resources.
And please extend my most heartfelt sympathy to your wife.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.