Print Thread
#3181 03/22/04 03:34 AM
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hi:
I'm in a Traditional Surrogacy arrangement and have just started taking the Dom and Yasmin to breastfeed. Our baby is due September 11th. (It should be a lucky day for us!)

I tried once before to breastfeed our daughter but we received her at 4 months old through domestic adoption and she was well attached to her bottle already.

Fingers crossed for success here!

LD
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Testing profile pic

LD
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
ours is a TS surrogacy to. Your baby is due a little more than a month after ours. Do you know what the baby is yet? We will find out on April 16th about ours

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hi Nona:
Isn't Surrogacy wonderful? We have our second appt. with the OB tomorrow at 16-weeks. I hope she will perform an ultrasound so we might see the sex..

Fingers crossed that all is well.

Our S.M. lost 25 pounds and recently gained back 1 pound. I'm glad I missed that morning sickness.

LD
California
California
Hi LD! We're in a TS surrogacy as well, due August 23. How cool that our little ones will be born so close together.

Good luck at your ob appointment! We had one on Friday at 18.5 week and the doctor couldn't tell the sex due to our munchkins legs being crossed. I hope you get to find out, though 16 weeks is a bit early. Good luck!

Debbe, DW to John Very Proud and Happy IM to and Friend of Val Anya due August 23
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hi Debbe,
I've been a lurker on the SMO TS site but am too shy to post there. We finally connect. I'm so glad you are going to try the breastfeeding, too.

My T.S. was transferred by the Navy to Lemoore, California which is by Visalia. South of Fresno.

She's going to pump the cholostrum and breastmilk for us. When did you meet Val?

LD
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hi:
The OB did not do an ultrasound, just a doppler. She said it was too early to tell at 15 weeks 5 days. We had a strong heartbeat at 160.

Our T.S. is being transferred to Central California (from Monterey) but, fortunately, it's only a 3 hour drive instead of a 1 1/2 hour drive. Thankfully, they didn't send her to San Diego. She's in the Navy.

LD

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.