Next Thread
Print Thread
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hello:
I'm in my 2nd month of the menopausal protocol (Yasmin and Dom) and I've noticed that my breasts have shrunk down a little bit. I went from a B-cup to a C-cup at first. Now I don't fill a C-cup all the way, although I'm not back down to a B size.

Are my breasts "settling in" on the protocol? Would I expect them to increase, say even to a D-cup before pumping?

Thanks for the information,

LD
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hey Loveydovey,

I'm in the second month as well and have observed something similar. The first two weeks the breast development was just amazing - though I didn't go up a whole cup size my nipples grew a lot and my breasts were tingling and very sensitive to touch all the time etc. Now things kind of seem to be settling in and at times it did seem my breasts actually shrank.

Right now it seems my left breast seems to be growing much faster than my right one which is starting to look somewhat odd - but that's alright I guess.

Breast growth definitely does not seem to be a linear thing like so much per week or else something is wrong...

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Lenore gives going up at least one cup size as a benchmark for significant breast change, but it seems that some women here had less than that and still were extremely succesful nursing their babies.

Something is definitely happening with your breasts from what you describe and you are doing everything you can to help them along - I am sure you will be doing great.

Love,
Chris

mom to Emma, born June 15th, 2004
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Ladies,

Not to worry. The 'one cup size' thing is a bench mark. Someone's always going to be a little smaller or a little bigger. Basically if you feel something happening, things are growing a little, you have some growing pains...then it's alright. And they don't keep growing...they do stop, and the milk making factory gets itself set up. As long as you follow the protocol, use the right pump, and do all the other things we recommend, you should have a good result.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.