Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#362 11/21/02 04:12 PM
Nona Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
extra helpful experienced member
The wait is the hard part for me.. I am anxious and impatient. So is my surrogate. She is such a blessing. I chat with her daily. And it is amazing how much a like we really are. Waiting on my lawyer for the legals to start in motion next week. Then we can get the ball rolling. This is hard ughhhh. We will be sending specimens through bio tranz . So we don't have to be there for the insems. I also got her the clear blue fertility monitor. They tell me they work the best.I also am getting her a basil thermometer. Anything else? Is there something else I need to get her to make this easier?
hugs Nona

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #363 11/22/02 06:41 AM
experienced member
experienced member
Hi Nona,

This is so exciting!!! In a week or two you'll be all done with the legal stuff and one your way!!!

Well the temperature thing is not the most reliable. The Clear Blue monitor is a great choice. I would also suggest that the surrogate be monitored with sonograms and there are medications to assist her. Are you working with a fertility clinic or is she going to "self inseminate"? Most fertility clinics only charge about $150 or so to do an insemination. They do a sperm wash which removes impurities and then its a painless procedure to just squirt the little guys in "there".

Best of Luck!!
Esther

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.