Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I am using the surgical menopause protocol to induce lactation. What would be the ideal choice for a pump?

I have smaller and "softer" nipples than most women.

Does the Stronger suction of a Medela Lactina guarantee better results than something like the Pump in Style?

Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi there, N!

Glad to see you here....these women are fantastic and a wealth of information! I will lte them tell you what they think, and you knwo that I used the PIS and had a good result.

Nona, are there any benefits to some of the other Medela pumps? Is anyone here NOT using the PIS?

Eden

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Before I went on the protocol I was using herbs and Dom only and pumping in between nursing. I was using the Lactina (rented) and not having very good results. When I went on the protocol I bought a PIS and I highly recommend it. I had fantastic results with it. I didn't do the menopause protocol but I have older breasts which are softer than when I nursed in my 20's I think the Pump In Style will work great for you.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question as well. I just bought my PIS today. But noticed that there is the PIS original and advanced. I bought the original. Is that right?
Julie

The Lactinas cannot cycle as fast as the PIS. You will get better results from the PIS. The Lactinas can't go as fast on speed and do not have the 5 speed suction. They have only 3. The difference in the PIS and the PIS Advanced is the advanced has a mode where it will go faster to imitate what a baby would do in the beginning of nursing. Then it slows down to a slower pace. The PIS is the best pump I have ever used. And I have tried all of them except the Wisper Wear. And I do not hear good things about it.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks Eden, Laurie, Nona and Anonymous!

Nona, would you recommend the additional functionality of the PIS advanced over the PIS original.

I gather that the PIS advanced needs a higher batter poer, 10 batteries instead of 8. Is is because of more electric wattage, or is it just a different design?

Not really. You can turn the pump up on the PIS original the same way. Then turn it down a notch or 2 after a few minutes

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks Nona,

Upon looking for the PIS on the internet, I find that the PIS advanced is about $50 cheaper than the PIS. So I might go for the PIS advanced.

Do you think the PIS advanced is the same as the PIS except for that one additional feature?

experienced member
experienced member
Really? I have found the advance more expensive then the original. I bought mine today on ebay. I decided to buy it new on ebay instead of used. I talked my dh into letting me buy one. He wanted me to try a smaller (cheaper) one. I got it from a friend. I took one look and said NO WAY that is not going to work. So I bought it today. I cant wait to use it.

Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.