Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3994 06/17/04 04:40 PM
Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
It seems that the baby is going to be here earlier than expected, so I have begun pumping today. I pumped once and nothing has come out yet... no clear drops or disharge.

I pumped with the PIS for 15 min, min vacuum and speed 2 for 5 min, then decreased speed to 1 for 10 min.

Any pointers? I am stil on the dom, have discontinued hormones and am doing the Blessed Thistle and FEnugreek. Its been 2 hous, so time to pump again!

Thanks!

British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
I wouldn't expect to see anything for a day or two. The bc pills have to work their way out of your system first. Just stick to 10 minute double-sided pumping sessions to stimulate your breasts. You're looking for nipple stimulation, not so much to collect milk yet.

Kerri

Mama to Cole, Naomi, Adam, and baby Noah All wide-open adoptions through LDS Familiy Services La Leche League Leader and Doula
extra helpful experienced member
your speed is to low. Start out on LOW suction but FAST pumping for 5 minutes. Then reduce the FAST to about 3. It was several days before I got any drops. After a few days work your SUCTION up to medium. But DO NOT go past medium

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Y
yohopi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks Kerri.

Nona,

I adjusted the speed like you said and saw some clear drops almost like perspiration on my right nipple after pumping. Nothing on my left nipple yet. Is that normal?

How many times should I pump during the night?

Thanks!

Yes this is normal.. Your doing it right. I would only pump 1 time during the night. But try to get in every 2 hours during the day light hours

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.