#419 12/16/02 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
I have made it to day 60 on Diane and domperidone! Yeah! I am going to continue the protocol for as long as I can. INS says we are about 4 weeks away from approval,,,then just finishing up some of the horrendous paperwork for Guatemala...then we are on our way to selecting a baby girl and possibly an older boy. I have not decided how long I am going to live in Guatemala. I will be receiving a newborn referral. I was thinking of going down when she is 8 weeks old and starting to nurse her,,,then living there for the next 2 months while the rest of the paperwork gets done. I will sure miss my son while I am gone, but I feel she may latch better at 8 weeks than at 4 months of age, plus if we do find an older boy, around age 5 or 6, it will give him time to get used to me. I don't think it is fair to adopt older kids without them knowing you first for at least a little while. So, we will see. I still have little twinges of depression come and go on the Diane, buy nowhere near what it was the last time on the protocol, and my weight is still going up,,,but it will all be worth it. I am hoping to stay on at least 90 days, then start pumping. I lived in Peru almost 7 months for my son's adoption, so staying in GU for 2 months will be a piece of cake! Take care,
Cathy

#420 12/17/02 06:17 AM
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
You're doing great! Before you know it, the time will have flown by. Hang in as long as you can. We are doing domestic adoption, so we have no idea when we will get our baby. It's good you have some sort of time frame. Keep us posted, and let us know when you get your referral!
DawnL

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dawn,
We tried a domestic adoption and have waited for 10 months. Now our agency says that if we still are hoping for a girl, it could be a 2 to 5 year wait. Since we have a son, we do have our heart set on a little girl....so international is the way to go. Once the paperwork is done, which is alot more than with domestic, you can get a referral in 1-2 days for a newborn girl! Then you can fly there and stay or wait the 4 months for the paperwork and then only have to go to Guatemala for 3.5 days. The only drawback is the baby will be a little older, but still younger than Russia or China etc....
My Immigration clearance should be about another 4 weeks, just enough time to be on the Diane for 3 months straight. Before starting, I pumped and took domperidone for 5 weeks, so since the end of August I have been preparing my breasts.
we are also hoping for an older boy, at the same time,,,and then we will be done! (thats what we think anyways!)
Good luck with your domestic adoption , I will let everyone know when I start pumping how it is all going. Thanks,
Cathy

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.