#423 12/20/02 06:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
I am on day 63 of Diane and domperidone combination, and for 5 weeks prior to this I pumped and used domperidone. My question is....has anyone else felt really hot all the time while on the protocol? I am even awoken at night (on my nights off from work) so hot, I have to get up . I know when I did IVF tx's, I got very hot while on the progesterone suppositories. My usual temp is around 96 or 97 and now my temp is at least 1 degree higher all the time. Does anyone else have hot flashes while on the protocol? Or, does this mean I am not responding as well? I am 38, so I don't think I am menopausal yet, although I could very well be peri-menopausal. My mom started having hot flashes in her late 20's. Anyways, all this just started in like the last month. I have no spotting and no period whatsoever so far on the protocol, except for the 3 days I had only expired domperidone from Mexico to take and I spotted heavily for those 3 days. Otherwise, nothing the entire time on the protocol. I am finally seeing slight breast changes , as far as slight enlargement, but still no soreness, no leaking, and still very soft and floppy. I am wondering if I should add another mg of progesterone to make it 3 mg total?
Thanks alot,
Cathy

#424 12/21/02 03:07 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Cathy,

We don't worry about breast changes on Diane 35. It really does do it's job. As for feeling hot, if you have not yet started to take a baby aspirin (81 mg) per day, now would be a good time to start. :-)

fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Lenore #425 12/21/02 04:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been taking a baby aspirin every day for years...not only with IVF etc,,,but because it helps cardiovascular status, as well as being an anti-inflammatory and has been shown to help prevent ovarian cancer. I still do not understand why I am so hot, and how aspirin will help this?
It seems so many women are going up from a C to DD or a B to a D, I guess I have to be patient and stop comparing myself to them. I am still a B. I am just concerned because I may only be able to do 3 months on Diane, and I know at least 4-6 months would be better. Thats why I was asking if I should take Yasmin? with the 3 mg of progesterone,
Thanks, Cathy

#426 12/21/02 05:52 AM
Cathy,
Don't worry. .I am getting really hot to. And I have been on the protocol 75 days now.. I think it is a hormonal thing. I had a hysterectomy when I was 20 and the hot flashes are like they were when I needed estrogen. I believe it is hormonal. Because obviously we are getting the hormones we need. I would personally say .. that means its working for you. I have to sleep with a fan on me.. and its winter! So I think your doing great. hugs,
Nona

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
#427 12/21/02 06:21 AM
Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Cathy,

Nona's right. If you've been on the baby aspirin (which I often suggest because it can help to regulate your hypothalamus and therefore help to control your temperature), then you are experiencing hormonal changes which are a far better indicator that the protocol is working than the size of your bresats.

I would suggest that you have a blood test to check your levels of prolactin, estrogen, and progesterone. You may be surprised by the results. I suspect that your prolactin level is nice and high right about now.

Also, keep in mind that just about the time when you feel completely "abnormal" is usually when your breasts are ready to produce breastmilk.

How would you feel about a trial run to see how you do? After you get the results of your blood tests back I may suggest that you do a little pumping just to see what we may see...I won't have you build the supply just yet, just a little test to see how things are developing. We could try and see what comes out without stopping the Diane but I may ask you to temporarily suspend it's use if it hinders your ability to produce. I think it would help you enormously to see some interim results.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Lenore #428 12/22/02 02:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Nona and Lenore,
It is good to know that the hot flashes and feeling warm all the time is normal. I will definately keep up with the baby aspirin. I will call my midwife on Monday and ask for the blood tests. She would probably be interested also,,,I did give her a copy of the protocol last year.
I feel letdown on the left side when I am in the shower, but I am not having leakage of drops or anything yet.
My hormones must be at a high level, I have no spotting , no period etc...and no endo. pain! I am seeing more veins coming through on my breasts.
I am so glad to have all the support of the members of this site, and of course the wonderful Lenore.
I will let you know what my blood levels are...thanks alot,
Cathy

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.