Next Thread
Print Thread
L
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Hi
I'm building up my supply in the freezer. How long does it last in, say, a normal top freezer of the refrigerator?

Thanks,

LD
TN
L
L
TN
Hi LD!
Glad to see you back...you and your family have been in my prayers.

I found this under one of Lenore's posts:
Quote:
Well if your freezer is at 0 degrees Farenheit, you can pretty much keep your milk frozen for at least a year. If you're concerned about it after that you can always pasteurize it at one year and then refreeze....resets the clock back to day 1.

God bless you!

British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
Hi again,

Much love and prayers coming your way. So nice to see you around again. Please let us know how you're doing.

If it's at the back of the freezer (not in the door or at the front where the temperature changes when you open the door) it's good about six months.

Kerri

Mama to Cole, Naomi, Adam, and baby Noah All wide-open adoptions through LDS Familiy Services La Leche League Leader and Doula
California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Kudos to your pumping, prayers and hugs your way, LD. How many ounces are you getting per day? You may start running out of space. One tip is to store the bags flat ... it is helpful to do this in a sandwich size tupperware container until the bag is hard.

You might consider buying a separate deep freeze (temp is below 0 degrees farenheit. I've seen small chest freezer's at CostCo for $179 or you might get lucky and find one in the classifieds from a moving sale.

Keep up the good work, LD!

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.