Next Thread
Print Thread
#4754 10/08/04 09:05 PM
kentucky,usa
J
OP Offline
J
kentucky,usa
Havent posted for awhile, We are awaiting our daughter, c'section delivery scheduled 10/20. I am producing about an oz. per day and have my lactaid all ready to go. Wondering if anyone took "filled bags" to the hospital and nursed, or did you take empty bags and fill there as needed. GS is my sister, so she will be pumping colostrum for me...am I going to need a lot of supplement at the hospital, since even when you give birth it takes a bit for your "milk to come in?" any helpful suggestions would be great. Thanks

California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Since you know when baby is coming, it might be easier to fill the bags at home, but you won't need to fill the bags while the baby is so young .... perhaps half full. If you can, I would try to just use the milk you are producing for the first week.

How many times a day are you pumping and how long were you on the protocol? Also, do the suction cup attachments fit you properly?

If you do need to use formula at the hospital, I would suggest you use the ready to feed that the hospital has ... it will flow easier through the lactaid and you will not have to try to use the formula strainer .. that little thing is easy to lose and you would need to bring vinegar to properly clean it so it does not get clogged. Also, the hospital should give you a small supply of the ready to feed bottles to take home .. they usually carry both Similac and Enfamil .. I recommend the Enfamil.

Make sure you bring some paper tape with you and practice taping and positioning the straw with you.

Your sister's collostrum may not come in until the third day, so hopefully she won't mind pumping for you until it does come it.

Keep up the good work!

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.