photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4881 11/24/04 05:30 PM
N
OP Offline
N
HI I AM NEW HERE, I AM GOING THREW MY 5TH CONSECUTIVE MISCARRIAGE RIGHT NOW VERY EARLY ONLY 18 DAYS PAST O. MY LONGEST PREG WAS 10 WKS. I GUESS I AM FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I JUST HAD A SEPTUM REMOVED FROM MY UTERUS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MY DR THOUGHT WAS THE PROBLEM ( I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ELSE AND IT ALWAYS COMES BACK NORMAL (BESIDES I TAKE PROGESTERONE SHOTS DURING MY PREG) I HAVE BEEN GOING THREW THIS FOR 3 YEARS AND I AM BEGINING TO WONDER IS I WILL EVER CARRY A PREG TO FULL TERM. SO I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILIAR BUT HAS EVENTUALLY HAS A FULL TERM PREG. THANKS

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Friend,

My heart goes out to you. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage, I understand how devastated you must feel.

There is an article that may interest you on our site located here: http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/print/bickp.html

Have a look at it. Dr. Bick recommends the use of heparin and baby aspirin. This is your first line of defence. Many pregnancies will continue with the use of heparin and baby aspirin. Most women use the refinded form of heparin called Fragmin because it is less hard on your body. Progesterone support is also a very good idea.

If you were to suffer another loss following progesterone, heparin, aspirin thereapy, then you would want to investigate further. There are several centres where you can do that. They are listed on this page http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/rcindex.html

Please read the article and look over the other information and then get back to me with any questions or concerns you may have.

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,

I feel as though I am nearly in the same boat... have just gone through my 6th miscarriage a month ago. Have already gone through the baby asprin / heparin use for the 5th and 6th miscarriages; both ending at 11.5 weeks. No pregnancy has made it to term in my case. Genetic testing has come back normal, so I am feeling frustrated with doing everything "right" and having my outcomes come out so poorly. Will continue to search, but feeling discouraged too. Will give it time before decide overall how / if I will proceed with attempts at pregnancy in the future.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.