Print Thread
#516 01/05/03 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I posted my question in the wrong section. Sorry, I am just not a computer person. I'll post it here again just in case. Our birthmom is due 4-22. Do I still have time to catch the regular protocol? Also, I am currently taking Micronor (norethindrone 0.35mg) for heavy periods. Should I be taking a different pill and if so, please let me know exactly which one to tell my OB. Also, when should I start Domperidone? Thanks, Sandy

#517 01/06/03 07:21 AM
experienced member
experienced member
Hi Sandy,

Congratulations on your impending arrival!!!

Yes you have time. You have 4 months! The pill we use is Diane 35 which has 2 mg progesterone and 0.035 mg estrogen. You'll also need to take the domperidone together with the pill. The sooner you start, the more milk you will have. You won't need to start pumping until about 3 weeks before your baby is due.

The guide to the protocols explains everything. You can find it here: http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/induced_lactation/gn_protocols.html

And if you email Lenore at lenore@asklenore.info she'll email you the most recently revised version.

Esther

Esther #518 01/06/03 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Esther! I ordered my meds and have emailed Lenore! I am excited to begin! So has the protocol changed to start pumping 3 weeks before DD as opposed to 6 weeks? Sandy

#519 01/07/03 01:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
You will just need a minimum of 3 weeks to pump....you could do the protocol for 3 months and pump 1 month..its up to you. I am on day 80 of Diane and domperidone. I plan on staying on it for a while longer. We can support each other!
good luck, Cathy

#520 01/07/03 01:37 AM
MI
MI
Thanks Cathy! Are you linked w/ a birthmom? Sandy

Sandra #521 01/08/03 05:39 PM
Hi Sandy! I think we're going to be going thru this together, also! Our bmom is due late march, and i finally got started on the diane 35 and dom on Jan 1! great way to start a new year! I'm hoping to have 60 days on the diane before stopping to pump and add herbs for the last 2-3 weeks before her due date. After 8 days on the diane/dom I can already tell a diff in my breasts which is very encouraging.
I induced lactation for my now 18 month old adopted dd beginning about 3 months before her birth, but didn't do the diane 35. I used dom/herbs/pumping for her and the ped calculated that i produced about 1/3 of her daily intake which was great - we had a fabulous nursing relationship for 7 months, then she developed RSV (horrible breathing virus thing) and just gave up the breast entirely. I'd love to produce at least that much for this babe, and hope to nurse her for longer if she'll co-operate!! So, i guess in a way, I've been there, done that if you have any questions. My resource last time was soley the ABRW board, but Lenore has now got this one going too which is wonderful for all of us needing support/info/encouragement!
take care and let's try and keep in touch!!

Susie
tickled, twirly mama to Gabriel 5.5 yo DS (bio via IVF/ICSI) & Annamaria 18 mo DD (newborn domestic adoption)
anxiously awaiting their little sister due march 03

susie #522 01/08/03 06:42 PM
MI
MI
Congrats on your link! Thanks for your response. That's so encouraging to hear that you were so successful with your last breastfeeding experience! I can't wait to receive my dom & diane in the mail so I can begin! I'll keep in touch with your progress! Thanks again. Sandy, mom to DS Tony 16yo(bio), DS Nathan 4yo (newborn domestic adoption), anxiously awaiting #3 (due 4-22 Mom hasn't has US yet, so we don't know the sex)

Sandra #523 01/10/03 06:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sandra,
We were matched over one year ago, but the birthmom had hepatitis B, so we declined. We have not had a match since then. We are frustrated with the USA, waiting about 2 years, so we are going out of the country again, which I did not want to do. I will live in Guatemala for at least 2 months so she does not have to be in foster care too long. It will be hard, I will bring my lact-aids and PIS with me. I don't want to be separated from me son for so long, but I don't know what else to do. We are open to race, and we are so surprised to not have a match again. We also tried almost every state in the US for a foster child, a boy, up to age 10, again with no luck. I wish you luck with your adoption though..and with the protocol.
Take care,
Cathy
Take care,

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.