Print Thread
#5317 02/09/05 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still trying after 4 m/c (2 at 11 wks, twins at 12 wks, and last one at 5 weeks). All blood tests have come back neagtive. I'm on baby aspirin, B6, B12, & folic. With the last one (m/c at 5 wks) I was also on prometrium and heparin shots. Not sure how all this will help with normal blood results (+ 2 live births before m/c). How in particular, does prometrium help?

#5318 02/10/05 01:52 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi,

You're doing all the right things. Prometrium is progesterone which helps to maintain your pregnancy until the placenta can take over the production of progesterone. This could be a genetic issue. Or it may be a compatibility issue. Were you and your partner tested for HLA compatibility? This is when you are so alike that your baby doesn't make protective antibodies around the fetus. You may have to consider IVIG treatment.....Human Immunogammaglobulin by intravenus. Have a look at this webpage www.repro-med.net They specialize in recurrent miscarriages.

I you are the same person who posted under "bdbdp" then bacterial vaginosis is a definite issue. See my other post here: http://www.asklenore.info/ubbthreads/sho...n=5301#Post5305

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I am the same person (2nd time, I registered though). Cd HLA compatibility be an issue if I had no problems with my 1st 2 pregnancies? I checked out repro-med, but are there any clinics in Canada? I have a great Dr. but we haven't found any explanation.

#5320 02/11/05 01:56 AM
Canada
L
L
Canada
You're in Canada? Where? Are you anywhere near Montreal? Toronto? Email me privately at lenore@asklenore.info or lengold@sprynet.com if you want to talk offline, I may be able to point you in a helpful direction.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.