photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5698 04/28/05 12:25 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I followed the protocol and was quite successful!!! My new baby girl was born 2-19 and we are bf just fine. Using supp. when needed. One problem...I ran out of my DOM about a month ago and had trouble reordering it (didn't know about the "no Rx needed" web site) I continued to BF although my milk supply decreased as evidenced by my DD frustration when nursing. I now have my DOM again....can I just restart it as before??? Will it still work?? Will lmy milk supply increase again?? Thanks for any support.

extra helpful experienced member
oh yes your supply will increase. Just keep taking it...

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Juliasmama,

Congratulations on your neew arrival! You can restart your domperidone. It's a good idea to start at 10 mg 4 times per day for the first week and then increase to 20 mg 4 times per day. Most moms take their domperidone about 1/2 hour before meals and at bedtime but you can also take it 90 minutes after meals if that helps. Also, be sure to let your doctor know that you're taking the domperiodne so that you can be monitored and educate at the same time.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.