A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
EARLY MISCARRIAGE

I need the expert opinion of someone who has seen this before. I was pregnant but not sure at the time, positive HPTs turned negative when my period was 2.5 weeks overdue. The whole time I felt sick and crampy and my hair fell out in wads. Then I passed lots of clots and pieces of tissue that looked like skin. Being a curious type I examined the skin-like pieces carefully. Now I wasn't sure what I was looking at and had never seen a fetus in person before. I looked up fetuses on the internet and compared with what I, well, excreted. There was a small thing a little over a quarter inch in length, with two bumps or arm buds and two leg buds (like the 28 day fetal picture). There was a head bump with two eye spots. Running down the back were perfectly symmetrical little spine bumps. In fact my little fetus looked beautiful and just like the picture perfect 28 day fetus EXCEPT for one strange symptom.

There were scorch marks all over my fetus. Its skin was spotted with tiny scorch marks like it had been burned.

Please tell me if you have ever heard of anything like this.

Since then I have been pregnant several more times but cannot get as far along as that first pregnancy. I lose it just after my period is due. So there are no products of conception for the doctor to analyze. I have started immune therapy but no luck. My husband and I are healthy and all tests, even immune tests, show normal everything. We are trying immune therapy (aspirin, dexamethasone, paternal immunization, IVIg,etc) because nothing else is left for us to try.

Lenore, I still am wondering WHAT WERE THOSE SCORCH MARKS?

I feel these burn spots on the first fetus are the key to our problem.

Thank you for any enlightenment you can provide.

IWish4BB

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Wish,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage before my sons were born, I understand how devastated you must feel.

I am not a doctor but I can see from your post that blood clotting may have been a factor in this loss. Here is an article by Dr. Roger Bick that advocates the use of low dose heparin together with baby aspirin to help pregnancies to continue. http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/print/bickp.html

You also may want to contact Dr. Beer who is an expert in treating recurrent miscarriage www.repro-med.net

As for the "scorch marks" these are likely signs of decomposition but again, I'm not a pathologist so I can't say for sure.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Lenore,
Thank you for your reply, but we did consult with Dr. Beer and have tried aspirin and heparin therapy. We have tried IVIg etc that Dr. Beer prescribed. I tested negative for blood clotting disorders, Leiden factor V etc. We make perfect embryos. All tests are fine. we don't know what else we can do.
IWish4BB

Canada
L
L
Canada
Dear Wish,

I was in about the same position as you with 8 losses and no alternatives having already tried progesterone, prednisone, heparin, baby aspirin, IVIG, and LIT.

After consult with Dr. Beer's colleague, Dr. Joanne Kwak-Kim, we decided to pursue gestational surrogacy. This way we could bypass my immune system and still have our biological child.

The agency we worked with is the Centre for Surrogate Parenting in Encino, California www.creatingfamilies.com But there are others as well. There is a Parents through surrocacy listerve that you can join to find out more inforamtion. You can join by emailing the moderatore here: owner-pps-l@surrogacy.org These are a wonderful group of parents with tremendous resources of information.

And did you know you could breastfeed if you wanted too? We have protocols on this site for moms to breastfeed without pregnancy. I did it for each of my sons and then made the information available for everyone. Here is the link to the guide to the protocols: http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/print/induced_lactation/protocols4print.html

Start with this and then let me know how you do. You can email me privately if you prefer at lenore@asklenore.info or lengold@sprynet.com

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.