Print Thread
#625 01/22/03 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just curious for those who have gone through the protocol and pumped, does it ever stop hurting! Everytime I latch the pump on for about 20-30 pulls, it just hurts so bad! After that it gets better, and they are sore all the time, but those first few pulls, just kill. Any suggestions?

#626 01/22/03 11:07 PM
extra helpful experienced member
I wish I had some answers for you. I haven't had an issue with it yet, but I have only been pumping for 3 1/2 days. Have you tried some Lanisoh? That is supposed to moisturize the nipples, which can help with issues like this. I have seen it at Wal-Mart. Also, maybe try Soothies. These are things you stick in the microwave and heat up, or you can put them in the fridge and cool them off. In either case, you can stick them right in your bra. I think I would recommend heating them up, but maybe someone else will have more experience and better advice than me. I know I have seen Soothies at RiteAid, in the baby/bottle section.
DawnL in WA

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
#627 01/26/03 04:35 AM
experienced member
experienced member
Hi,

Try reducing the suction. It sounds like it's too high. You didn't mention which pump you're using but if it's the Pump in Style you don't need much more than medium suction and cycle 40-60 times per minute.

Esther

are your nipples always red and inflamed? Even when not pumping? If so.. you might have thrush. If so.. the best thing I found to work on that is straight apple cider vinager on the nipples an areola and let air dry. Do this after each pumping and put it on the pumping horn as well where your breast and nipple touch. It takes only a few days to clear it up. Just a thought

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
experienced member
experienced member
Nona brings up a good point. One of the ways to know if you have yeast is if you have burning pain in the breasts after either pumping or breastfeeding. For more information please see this page: http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/sore_nipples_candida.html

Esther

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.