Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am trying to have my first child. In the past year, I have had no trouble getting pregnant, but the three efforts have all ended in miscarriage. The first at 4wks 2 days, the second at 5.5 weeks, and the third again just after four weeks. Do positive HPTs followed by a period a day or two late count as early miscarriages? What do I need to do to find out what is wrong? I am 36 and finding this very stressful.

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I am so sorry for your losses.
Positive HPTs followed by period can be an implantation problem. You may also have a short luteal phase so that your body is not producing enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy. I would talk to your doctor about progesterone suppositories.
Some women find an added B6 dailiy plus a baby aspirin help But I would first talk to your doc. If he/she isn't helpful look for someone else who treats fertility issues.
Hugs

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Canada
L
L
Canada
I am also truly sorry for your losses. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage before my sons were born, I understand how devastated you must feel.

Yes. If you had a positive pregnancy test, then human chorionic growth hormone was entering your blood stream which means that implantation may have occured and then the pregnancy stopped for some reason. Early miscarriages are often an indication of an immune issue. Many mothers are able to carry to term with the help of low molecular weight heparin and baby aspiring. After the age of 35, you may have what Lalle describes as luteal phase defect where your ovaries are not producing enough progesterone to maintain your pregnancies.

It's important that you investigate further and discuss all of this with your doctor.

Have a look at this article: http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/print/bickp.html

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.