photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mippy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi, I'm new and I've had two misscarriages. I am now 14 weeks pregnant with my fingers crossed and I'm on Lovenox shots every single day.

Can someone who has been on Lovenox or Heperin during pregnancy tell me what my options are on delivery? I want to have an epidural but am told I have to get off the lovenox and induce to do it because of bleeding around the spine (Yikes!) I'm very delicate emotionally and would prefer epidural if possible but what are my risks of paralysis and /or clotting getting off the lovenox and doing an epidural? Also, having so many uteran surgery's the doctor told me that the placenta could possibly "stick" to my uterus (again yikes!) so if it doesnt pass within 30 min. I would have an emergency D&C.

My husband and I would prefer vaginal birth and he doesnt like the idea of C-section as an answer until we have to.

What advice do you have for this? Has anyone gone through these things? Thank you so much for reading!

Mippy 35

1/04 miscarriage at 9wks
1/04 D&C
5/05 Laperscopic/Hyperscopic Scar Surgery
8/05 miscarriage at 6 wks (with lovenox)
12/05 Currently Pregnant

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Mippy,

I am so sorry for your losses and wish you my deepest congratulations on your impending arrival.

Generally speaking, doctors do not keep their patients on Lovenox for the entire pregnancy. Please discuss your concerns with your doctor so you can work out the breat senario for you and your baby.

Have you considered working with a Doula? This is a woman who stays with your during the labor and delivery. The literature indicates that women who use Doulas are less likely to require c-sections and have less stressful labor and deliveries. Your Doula is your champion. You can find one here: http://www.dona.org/

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.