Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7242 05/30/06 03:44 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone!
I've got a bit of a strange situation. I've been taking the Domperidone for about 2 weeks along with the herbs, and have been pumping 6-8 times a day. I'm able to produce about 3 ounces of bm daily for my 10 month old daughter. Unfortunately one of my orders of Domperidone got taken by customs. I'll not have any Domperidone until probably next Monday. Is there anything I can do to keep up my milk production? I would hate to start over with just drops again. My goal is to produce 4oz of bm a day to boost Emily's immune system. Any suggestions are welcome.... Also something that may interest those of you pumping out there: I'm using a Medela Symphony pump and have found that I collect more bm if I use Dr. Brown's 4oz bottles when I pump, rather than the Medela bottles that came with the kit. Strange but true.

Lenore, do you have any suggestions for me????
Thanks everyone

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi MaryEllen,

This is indeed an unfortunate situation especially since the FDA has put out a paper providing information on how to obtain domperidone http://www.fda.gov/cder/news/domperidone.htm

Try to get hold of some Fenugreek until you can rustle up some domperidone. Contact www.globaldrug.tv and ask them to send it to you "express". Contact your doctor and request a prescription that you can take to a compounding pharmacy. He may be willing to prescribe Reglan in the meantime. It's not our favorite for longer than a two week period and it can cause rather severe depression so be careful with it. Again, please discuss all of this with your doctor. We have found family doctors to be the most helpful regarding induced lacation and adoptive breastfeeding.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
S
S
This exact thing happened to me. I was waiting on my original order of dom and customs stopped it. I waited for FIVE long weeks for it and had it shipped the cheapest, regular way so there was no way of tracking it. FINALLY I got the letter from customs and Global Drug was great about re-sending it. This time I had it shipped express so that it could be tracked and got to me in FOUR days!!!! Global Drug was great about it and I didn't have any problems with them. I did, however, have to re-pay the shipping costs. Good luck!

2 beautiful adopted children through the fost/adopt system!! We were just placed with DD#1's bio-sis and we're hoping to adopt in 2007!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.