Hi Tia,

Thank you for your clarification and thank you Lalle for asking the right questions and providing excellent feedback.

Domperidone raises prolactin and quiets ovaries. It can only help. If you were to start pumping, it would also help. You can always decide to do a modified accelerated protocol later but given your bleeding history, it makes more sense to forgo the birth control portion of the protocol and do the domperiodne/pumping. We have had a few moms follow this protocol with success but they got started early to give their breasts the opportunity to mature and for their milk supplies to build. It's a slower method, like boiling water without salt, but the water will boil eventually.

And, you may want to get in touch with Lisa Marasco. She's a Lactation Consultant whose master's thesis involved PCOS and breastfeeding. She's considered to be a world renown expert on the subject. I have two email addresses for her: lisa.marasco@verizon.net and [email][email protected].[/email]

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned by your doctor and it's not my area of expertise but I'm going to put in my two cents. If you can't get the bleeding under control, and if you are not planning to carry a pregnancy yourself, you may want to consider either having the lining of your uterus removed or having the uterus itself removed. There is a modified procedure where the main portion of the uterus is removed while the cervix is left in place.

I have been thinking about this myself because I tend to grow large uterine fibroids, my periods are a nightmare, and I'm unable to carry a baby to term.

No matter what you do or what you decide, one thing you can count on. We're all here to help and support you.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.