L
Lenore Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be on vacation with my family aboard the ocean-going Disney Magic Cruise Ship from Sat Aug 5 to Sat Aug 12. I will not have ready access to the internet and virtually no access to my Sprynet email lengold@sprynet.com . I will do my best to check into the message board while in port and will do my best to access my web-based email lenore@asklenore.info for urgent messages.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to catching up with everyone on Aug 12.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I've tried a few times to log on and check the board while at sea but there is only a 20% connectivity via satelite and so it has only been possible to answer one or two posts. I just want to let you all know that I'm thinking of you and will do my best to catch up on the weekend when I'm back on "terra firma".

Unfortunately I am also unable to manually register any new users until the weekend. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

I have a story to convey regarding Disney. Today a family of 4 was missing and unaccounted for by the time the ship was due to sail out of St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. We were overdue to leave by 45 minutes while we waited for them. The ship made ever effort to search for them on the ship and on land when the Captain finally had to make the decision to leave. We pulled away from the dock with many passengers peering over the side wishing for the family to somehow appear. We were a good way from the pier when suddenly a taxi pulled up and out popped the mom and dad and their two children but we had left!!. Can you believe the captain ordered the crew to stop the ship, reverse, redock, reposition the gangway, and receive the family back on board!?!

A special cheer goes to Disney and their committment to families!!

Best,

Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Reno area of Nevada
J
J
Reno area of Nevada
Does anyone know when Lenore will be back on. I Havn't seen her since this last post. I hope everything is well for her and her family. I hope she knows she is missed.
Janeen

Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I'm back! After we disembarked from our wonderful Disney cruise I ended up with a terrible respiratory infection. I also had an ear infection that left me dizzy and unable to sit up and use my computer for any length of time.

I'm so sorry if this caused anyone undue stress. I did ask some long-time and experienced members of the board to keep an eye on things and to contact me if there was an urgent post so I have been kept up-to-date and was supplying information to them to help you while I was incapacitated.

Thank you for your concern and your patience. I'm looking forward to all the news.

Best,

Moderated by  Lenore 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.