Page 2 of 2 1 2
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Africa,

You are the best one to decide whether the protocol is working for you. You can stop now and pump for a time and freeze if you like or stop altogether. Or go a little longer and pump. You can then try the accelerated protocol when you have a baby in sight. There are a lot of alternatives. The protocols are quite flexible.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
hollyl Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone for your posts!

I had a complete blood workup (although they only did the TSH, not the complete thyroid panel). The TSH came back normal, but my bilirubin is elevated. I had an abdominal ultrasound, but it didn't show anything, or at least that's what I'm told. I have no idea why my bilirubin would be elevated.

I am still having the same symptoms, although now, my mouth, throat, nose, eyes, and even vagina is so dry that it is unbelievable. I am drinking plenty of water (and I nursed twins in teh past and I didn't feel like this then). I have no idea why I am so dry!

I wish they had run a complete thyroid panel on me, I have had 3 doctors over the past 4 years think that I had thyroid issues, but my TSH is always normal.

I am hoping to get enough of a supply that I can wean off the dom, but right now I am only up to 10oz per day.

Thanks!
Holly

Visit my website for Custom Mei Tai Baby Carriers and more! www.hollieshobbies.net
Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Holly,

Where did you get the domperidone? Was it from Global or somewhere else? Why won't your doctor do the complete thyroid panel at your request?

Best,

Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
hollyl Offline OP
OP Offline
I used GlobalDrug to get the dom.... I was also taking the Fenugreek adn Blessed Thistle at the time of my blood tests. My doctor is an older guy, who said that there was no need to do a full panel if the TSH is fine. (I am seeing an endocrinologist on my own, though, in the next 2 weeks)

I actually had to stop the dom, the herbs, and the pumping. My husband and I were (are) victims of fraud through our adoption consultant. Turns out, the consultant promised the same baby to many many couple. We are not in a legal battle to get our money back, and it will no doubt be on the news in the next couple weeks. I am very sad that I have had to stop pumping, but at this point, we aren't even sure if we can trust the adoption process at all.... we may take our money (that we will hopefully get back) and persue IVF or surrogacy. I am very proud of myself for making 10+oz per day, and my 300oz in the freezer.

Anyways, that means that I am now 100% med free, and I am interested to see what bloodwork would show now. I am happy to be seeing an endocrinologist... if he rules our a hormonal or thyroid problem, I will believe him! I still don't understand the elevated bilirubin, though. If you have any thoughts on what could have caused that, please let me know!

~Holly

Last edited by hollyl; 10/09/06 06:06 PM.

Visit my website for Custom Mei Tai Baby Carriers and more! www.hollieshobbies.net
hollyl Offline OP
OP Offline
Just thought I would update....

I am having a hard time regulating my body temp. It will drop, for no reason, and take a while to rise again. About 2 hours ago it dropped to 95.8. I saw an endocrinologist this morning who thinks that I may have an autoimmune problem, sjogren's syndrome, or an adrenal gland issue. My lips, nostrils, eyes, mouth, etc, are now so dry that I am miserable. I am chugging fluids all day, but it never gets better-- it feels like I have cotton in my mouth and the inside of my nose is cracking! Hopefully they will figure it out soon. I should get my test results (from the SIX vials of blood drawn) back in 5-7 days. In the meantime, I am not quite sure how to deal with staying warm???

The good news is, if it IS an autoimmune problem, maybe that's why I have had 7 miscarriages. 5 of them were chemical pregnancies, and two were first trimesters.

Thank you guys for all the input.. hopefully I will get an answer soon!

Holly

Idaho
Idaho
Holly I am hoping you get some answers soon. (Big Hug)

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Pennsylvania
T
TLC Offline
T
Pennsylvania
I experienced increased appetite and weight gain on the Domperidone. Unfortunately, since I'm only producing about 1 oz per feeding (maximum), the weight didn't peel off for me once I started breastfeeding. For me it is all worth it though, to be able to give this gift of breastfeeding and some breastmilk to my ds. I'm planning to diet and hopefully lose the weight in-between babies. My son is now almost 14 months, and we've been breastfeeding from the beginning. I hope that you feel better soon and best wishes!

TLC Adoptive Mom to son born 8/27/05 Domestic Infant Adoption Program
Canada
L
L
Canada
Dear Holly,

I'm so sorry for my delayed response. I'm currently at the American Society of Reproductive Medicine Conference in New Orleans and I've had some problems with my laptop.

I am so dismayed to hear about your adoption situation. This is just awful. I hope you will be able to recoup some of your losses.

I'm very relieved that you saw the endocrinologist. The symptoms you reported are not associated with any of the medications used for the protocols and sounded to me from the beginning like a thyroid issue. When immune testing is performed, the entire thyroid panel is typically done.

The early miscarriages you report are quite typical of an immune issue. If you like, I can pick the brains of some of the many, many reproductive endocrinologists here at the conference....I'll need your age, reproductive history, and symptoms which you can email me in private at lengold@sprynet.com and kindly include your telephone number in case I need to call for more info because I don't have internet access at the conference center.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.