photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Lalle #8084 09/29/06 10:49 PM
OP Offline
I think it is a wonderful pump I tried an Dual Auto Cycling Evenflo pump and it doesn't compare at all to the Limerick. I have also used the Medela Pump In Style and I still feel that the Limerick (Pj's comfort Jr.) Is a better pump. I'm on my 5th day pumping and I'm averaging about an ounce and a half a day or more now, results I did not see with the PIS. I do know the Lactina is awful and extremely loud not to mention very pricey, hospital grade is not always the best solution.

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Richette #8085 09/30/06 05:04 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Ladies,

FYI the Limerick is rated hospital grade and multiuser because it has a replaceable filter. I used this pump for several months and was very impressed with it. The contact person is Joan Ortiz joan.ortiz@limerickinc.com . Note that I do not work for any pump company or receive remuneration from any pump company.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Lenore #8086 09/30/06 03:42 PM
Kansas
K
K
Kansas
How much $$ does a Limerick run?

Katie's Mom
katiesmom #8087 10/01/06 12:27 AM
Canada
L
L
Canada
It's typically under $300 which makes it less expensive than most others of similar quality. Email Joan and ask, joan.ortiz@limerickinc.com

Best,

Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Richette #8088 10/13/06 01:16 PM
M
M
Can the Limmerick be rented and where can I get one?

Hope your sweet little girl is doing well and growing on mama's milk!

--Irma, mama to two princes, 5 and 3, and our brand new daughter, Larissa!
mamapersoff #8089 10/13/06 02:12 PM
Kansas
K
K
Kansas
I don't think it can be rented -but the price is less than renting a Medela Lactina for a year...

Lenore, in your opinion, would Limerick help me build my milk supply as well as Lactina?

Katie's Mom
katiesmom #8090 10/14/06 08:21 AM
Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Ladies,

First of all let me say that ANY milk you produce is WONDERFUL, especially the first bits because they are LOADED with ANTIBODIES.

I loved the Limerick pump. I found it helped me to maintain and/or build my milk supply depending on my needs. I pumped for about 3 years on and off because I was doing my doctoral program residency and internship at the same time I was breastfeeding Ethan. I would have to leave him for a week at a time once he was about 15 months old and would pump while I was away. I would bring my PIS with me to school because it was fairly quiet but due to my schedule and my program requirements could not pump as often as I would have liked. But the moment I got home and strapped on the Limerick ZOOM my milk would increase. The difference is that the Limerick breast shields are flexible, not just soft shelled like some others but would actually compress the nipple/areola complex which stimulates the 4th intercoastal nerve. This nerve sends the signal to the pituitary to release prolactin and oxytocin for milk synthesis and milk let-down respectively. Like you said, it's a great little pump...and it's rated hospital grade and multiuser.

Note that I do not work for any pump company and do not receive any payments from any of them. I purchased the pumps I tested.

Best,

Lenore #8091 10/14/06 03:27 PM
Kansas
K
K
Kansas
Thanks for the great, helpful information!

Katie's Mom
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.