L
Lenore Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
L
Canada
Dear members,

At long last the new upgrade to our message board is ready to proceed. This will allow us to return our registration process to an automated format.

For the past year, to keep those annoying spammers off our board, I have had to approve every request personally which sometimes caused unexpected delays when I was away at a conference or seminar and had little internet access.

The new upgrade will employ a gatekeeping function that you may have seen on other websites that asks a registrant to identify wavy numbers and letters. This helps to keep computer generated spammers off the board. Current members need not re-register. The upgrade will only apply to new registrants.

The upgrade will require us to shut down the site temporarily on Monday March 5, 2007. When you access the site, a message will appear indicating the site is down for maintenance. We hope to complete the upgrade within a few hours.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause. I am happy to answer any questions personally at lenore@asklenore.info while the board is down.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we complete this necessary task.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hello Everyone,

As you may have noticed, the Ask Lenore Message Board has received a 'face-lift'. The software has been upgraded but we don't have all the bugs out yet. For instance, some of you may not be able to yet see our familiar little photos that accompany our names. We're working on that. But the new automated registration system is ready. This will greatly faciliate and speed up the registration process which came to a slow crawl when the spammers attacked our board last year and everything had to be done manually.

We are grateful to Ultimate Bulletin Boards for upgrading our software and making the new automated registration process available.

We are also grateful to our server, Movable Inc. for installing our website on an independent server and for upgrading their software to accommodate the board's needs.

But most importantly we are grateful to our fabulous webdesigner Sandy Feldman (www.sandyfeldman.com) who has been with us from day one, tinkering and adjusting, and generally making sure that all runs smoothly. She manages a team that chases dead links, examines text, organizes our pages which number over 500, and she collaborates with everyone associated with the site. Sandy was working overtime these past weeks, managing the registrations and organizing everyone associated with the message board upgrade while I was in the hospital taking care of my 3-year-old son, Ethan who was recovering from antibiotic resistant pneumonia that required a chest tube and a stay in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

I am sorry I was unable to post the exact date the board would be down and I hope you understand the circumstances. I'm sorry for any inconvenience the temporary shut-down may have caused. Please know that under most circumstances I'm available via email at [email protected] or [email protected]

All of us at Ask Lenore appreciate your patience as this necessary upgrade was performed. Kindly note the address for the boards has slightly changed to http://www.asklenore.info/forums/ubbthreads.php You may want to change your bookmark or favorites setting.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Lenore 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.