Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#8783 04/18/07 01:09 AM
M
OP Offline
M
After some serious soul-searching, I decided to stop the regular protocol, which I've been on for 11months now. I gained 26 lbs while on it, and have been unable to lose any weight despite 5x a week workout, 3 of which are with a trainer, and doing the 1200 calorie Jenny Craig diet. My knees hurt, and my dad has serious heart disease, so I feel like this is important for my health.
I'm very worried about producing milk for a baby, but I guess I'll either go the natural route or the accelerated protocol.

--Irma, mama to two princes, 5 and 3, and our brand new daughter, Larissa!
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Irma are you pumping? Nona pumped for a really long time. I know you have been discouraged lately but don't give up. It is fine that you stopped the bdp but I would suggest you continue the dom add the herbs and pump. You can just pump and freeze keeping your milk supply established. Since you have been on it for 11 months you are more than ready to make milk for the baby that will come into your life.

Last edited by Lalle; 04/18/07 01:31 AM.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
T
T
Irma, i feel your pain!
i gained 30lbs, and i'm pumping 4 months and havent shed 1 pound of it.... i thought by pumping i would lose weight, but i'm just as ravenous as ever! dont give up..... it's only temporary.... just eat healthy and you'll lose the weight some other time....

TCal #8786 04/18/07 09:22 PM
Yes I did pump for a long time. For almost 2 years before olivia came along. It can be done!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #8788 04/20/07 01:36 AM
M
OP Offline
M
After talking to Mindy today and reading your posts, I decided to take the dom and pump. I rented a Symphony today and pumped this evening. I got enough on each side to cover the bottom, so I'm very encouraged! I didn't get that much last year when I was pumping while nursing a toddler, and then after he weaned. I can't believe how much I've learned in the last year. Thanks everyone for your wonderful wisdom!
I'm going to buy a little chest freezer tomorrow to freeze the milk.

Idaho
Idaho
Good I am so glad. You will be glad you did.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
I am so glad you decided to pump. Keep us up to date on how the pumping in progressing.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Canada
L
L
Canada
I'm so pleased you decided to pump. You're going to feel wonderful when those bottles start to fill up. About the weight gain, try to increase proteins and decrease carbs, that seems to help. It's probably the dom that's making you hungry because it moves food through your systen faster than usual which is what it was originally designed to do.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the encouragement! I am doing the Jenny Craig diet at 1200 calories per day, and working out 3-5 times a week.

I do have a question about building supply. I am taking 90mg of Dom per day, and taking prenatal vitamins. Yesterday I got about 1/2oz (and bought a freezer to fill, LOL!). Today it is less - only a few drops. Is this normal? I ate steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast, and plan to every morning. What should I expect in the building of a supply? I plan to pump 4 times a day.

Canada
L
L
Canada
The more you pump the more milk you can expect to make. We recommend a minimum of 8 pumping sessions in a 24 hour period for 20-30 min each session.

Careful to avoid anything containing sage or parsley and avoid raspberry leaf stuff. These are milk supply decreasers.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.