Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#8874 05/10/07 12:02 PM
E
ergent7 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum. We will be going to get our son at the end of this year.
I've been on the protocol (Yasmin and dom 20mg 4x/day) for 3 weeks now. I'm not seeing any breast changes and am worried. It says you should see changes within 15 days. I'm worried there's something wrong with my domperidone or me worse yet. Any of you have experience with this? How long did it take you to see changes and how obvious were they?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Emily
Mom to 4 blessings, waiting for our 5th

Toronto, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Hi,

I am now on day 82 now of the Yasmin/Dom Protocol. I did write to Dr Newman when I was 21 days into the program and he said that it was not common to see changes that early.

I asked him about changing BCP but he saw no reason to change. Hopefully you'll start to see some changes soon. I have to say that as I neared day 60 I did start to feel more solid and sometime around day 30 I did get some enlargement as a larger cup size felt more comfortable. I haven't had really dramatic size change.

Patience

Mom of bio kids Joel 22, Elliot 19, Marya 13 and Talitha 5 (adopted from Haiti at age 10 months) Hoping for a match with an infant under a year from Children's Services starting in early 2009.
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Some moms who have not had a reaction with the Yasmin have switched to Ortho 1/35 and found it worked better for them. The progresterone in the two birth control pills are different. Some women react more strongly to the Ortho 1/35.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
E
ergent7 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
So does it mean it's not working or it's just not as evident?
Is it worth it to switch now or should I wait a while longer?
I thought the Yasmin was better because it has a lot more progesterone. I don't want to miss out on a month or two of needed preparation/development.

Emily

Last edited by ergent7; 05/11/07 11:54 AM.
Idaho
Idaho
The way I understand, is different women respond differently to each bcp. Depending on your body individually. It looks like you have plenty of time so you could give the Yasmin another couple weeks and see what happens. You would still have plenty of time to switch if you needed to.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
E
ergent7 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks Laurie for input.
That's what I'll do. I've got 3 more weeks of Yasmin and then I'll decide if I need to switch. So, if I don't see any changes, then it's not working? Was yours gradual or do you know all of the sudden?

Idaho
Idaho
I did the accelerated and it happened rather quickly. But back then we were using a different bcp that isn't recommended anymore. I think everyone is different. Do you have breast changes when you cycle? I do and very noticable ones so it was kind of like that for me.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
E
ergent7 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
See, I thought with the accelerated (and extra progesterone)that I would surely see changes by now. I don't want to waste 6 weeks if the BC isn't working. Ugghhhh! I really wanted to be on this for a good 6 months before starting to pump which could be Sept or Oct. If I wait to switch in a few weeks than that will only be 4 or 5 months depending on when we get our referral. How long did you pump? No, I don't see breast changes when I cycle.

I was not seeing any changes on the Yasmin and Domperidone. I was on it a month. I talked with Lenore and switched to Ortho 1/35 and 2.5 provera progestrone. Man the changes came so quick! I have been on it 4 months now and still have very very sore breasts. They are a lot firmer and sore to the touch. Taking off my bra is murder. I am very pleased with the ortho plus provera. I hope to have a full supply this time.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
M
Question to anyone out there (I am new and really appreciate any input)...is Microgestin considered to be as effective as Ortho 1/35? I am currently on Yasmin but not noticing any significant changes either. Curious though if Microgestin is as effective as 1/35. Also I was told by the gyno to not introduce Dom into the regimen until I stop the use of the Birth Control and application of Progesterone Cream. Right now I am being advised to take Yasmin (but want to switch to Microgestin or 1/35) together with Progesterone Cream...then in a month I am supposed to discontinue the BCP, use only the Progesterone Cream for the following month and then was told at that point to add Domperidone to the regimen. This advice does not seem to coincide with things I am reading on this board. Any advice for me? Greatly appreciate it thank you so much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.