photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9026 06/10/07 09:21 PM
Washington
OP Offline
Washington
I am interested in finding induced lactation information. There is a lot out there but some of it is not clear. I have fenugreek and milk thistle, I cannot find blessed thistle. I have a breast pump but not sure how often to use it to get started etc. I need some help please. I don't want to use hormones.
thank you

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
You can induce lactation without hormones. Milk Thistle is not the same as Blessed Thistle. Look in this section for information. http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/abindex.html
You will need to use the correct herbs as well as Domperidone in my opinion. It is not a hormone but a drug used for digestive issues that has a side effect of causing lactation. If you have questions post them over in this forum http://www.asklenore.info/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1
Are you waiting to adopt or inducing for a child you have given birth too? Knowing your situation will help knowing how to direct you.

Last edited by Lalle; 06/11/07 10:42 PM.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9038 06/11/07 10:47 PM
Idaho
Idaho
You can find Blessed Thistle here www.herbs-wholesale.com and type Blessed Thistle into the search.
Or here www.vitacost.com

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9053 06/13/07 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HI laurie... do you know of any mom who has extra milk that she want to give to another mom who is adopting a baby with special needs.. my hubby and I have a chance to adopt 2 different babies that are due with in 2 weeks.. one of them.. and the other one is in the Hospital now.. and will not get our for 4 weeks.. I am trying to find mothers milk without having to pay $4.00 an ounce. talk soon..Lisa C you can e-mail me at [email protected]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi laurie.. I need mothers milk for possible situations where we may adopt .. we have 2 situations.. and the baby's are due in 2 to 4 weeks.. please e-mail me back with the name of nona who I heard is on here that knows where I can get mothers milk . thanks.. Lisa C

Idaho
Idaho
If you register you can see all the forums and find the info you are looking for. smile

Moderated by  Lenore 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.