photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
extra helpful experienced member
Cathy,
I am so sorry hon! Have you thought of doing a surrogacy??? You have the finances and it might be a much easier process for you to go through. Again I am sorry... I hope something changes for you.
hugs Nona

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Oh Cathy!!!

This is just awful!!! I agree with Nona. Have you thought about surrogacy? Either traditional surrogacy or egg donor and gestational surrogacy, would run about the same cost. The agency we used was the Center for Surrogate Parenting and Egg Donation in Encino, CA. www.creatingfamilies.com They have offices on both the east and west coast.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are prayers are with you dear friend.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lenore and Nona,
Thanks for your support, I still am deciding what to do. I e-mailed an agency about Mexico, just to see how its going. I did find a surrogacy agency that did TS. It is actually the same cost of international adoption. I asked our agency why they let us continue to do our paperwork, including paying $220 six weeks ago for the Embassy to put the stamp on our documents,,,they said they do not know what will happen now, we can still apply, but it could be up to one year before the adoption would be done, so in essence, the baby could be up to one year old when we finally take her home.
Our nursery is done, we had started to pack for our trip this summer. I even made the mistake of buying baby girl clothes at yard sales etc..already. I can't imagine starting to pump and having to do it for one year, then trying to teach a one year old how to nurse. I was really hoping for a younger baby.
Thanks again for your support. I will wait to hear back from Mexico and also check into surrogacy. There is also one US agency that says we wouldn't have to wait too long for a hispanic newborn, but for some reason after two years and 3 different agencies in the US, I just don't trust most of them.
Thanks, Cathy

Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi everyone,

Once again it's been a little while since I've had news to post but there's lots to say today. We are currently in Texas for our amnio. We did the genetic testing and DNA testing "all-in-one" compliments of DNA Diagnostics and Dynagene.

The amnio was performed by Dr. Alexander Reiter who is an extraordinary perinatalogist. All went well and our baby blessed us with a great look at the gender...IT'S ANOTHER BOY!!! Now our son Adam will have a baby brother to form the Dynamic Duo...or actually a baseball team. A girl has not been born into my family since my sister's birth 41 years ago. My aunt has 3 sons, my sister has 4 sons, and now I'll have 2 sons and so... a baseball team LOL. To add to this, our little guy is measuring a full week ahead of schedule leading us to believe that he'll probably make a good football player as well. LOL.

I'm progressing on the protocols. I had initial breast changes but no pain now. I can express a clear drop from each breast but I'm not actively doing anything more than just checking them occasionally to see that they're working.

Expressing is tricky. I couldn't get the hang of it until I was trained as a lactation consultant and went to visit Chele Marmet in person to show me how...the same person who authored the Marmet Technique for Manual Expression. So for those of you who try and don't find anything yet, don't panic. It's a learned art. Pumping always works best for me.

Hang in there ladies, the milk will come and so will the babies. It took us 8 tries on our own and 2 with our surrogate mom for Adam to come into the world. It took 7 tries for this new little guy to make it this far. Perseverence pays off in the end. Would I do it all over again if I knew then what I know now?..YES!!!

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lenore,
I am so happy for you! I was thinking the baby was going to be a girl for some reason,,a brother for Adam is so nice.
I know all will be well with the amnio..I know I wish I could be in your shoes, with a baby on the way! take care, Cathy

Dearest Cathy,

I am so sorry. I know what you must be feeling in part as I went through the crying and such when we were told our BM was being deported. Just devastating. And you were so close.

It WILL be. It may take a while. And it already has. But it WILL be.

I am thinking of you and sending you my love and good wishes.

Eden

Maryland
csw Offline
Maryland
Thanks Eden,
I am sure we will all have our babies at the same time! We are probably going to go ahead and apply with Guatemala, apparantly the delays are several months over there, so we may end up with a 7 month old instead of a 4 month old. We have sooo much invested in the paperwork for there, we might as well just go ahead with it. We'll see! I am pumping every couple of hours,,,,getting the phlange and horns wet with the left and still drops on the right...day six of pumping. I still have my period also. Lenore says when I stop bleeding my supply should start going up...Thanks alot,, Cathy

NG protocol 7 months.pumped 5/15-9/15 started pumping again 1/26/04 Ana born 6/03.home 3/30/04 trying to nurse!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lenore!
It's been so long since I have been here...geeze my brain is fried. It seems like just yesterday I was sharing news and you were and now...lookie there...two boys...though you beat me to the announcement. Very cool.
I just read through your entire progress report. Things sound absolutely wonderful...not that they wouldn't be...being that you created this wonderful little protocol.

Just wanted to give my best of luck to you. And I will def be keeping in touch and hopefully pop in here more often.

Susan,
cured colitis for DD with Newman/Goldfarb protocol ag 2 1/2 now.
Anxiously awaiting baby number 2 due Aug 31

experienced member
experienced member
Hey Lenore,

Great news!!! I'm so happy for you. And little Adam will be a fantastic big brother. He must be thrilled!! You and Rob have been through so much, you deserve this!!

Felicitations!!!!

Esther

Lenore! TWo boys! Hooray! You are going to be one busy lady!

I read Adam's story and was so grateful for it! Thank you so much for that! That may be our situation as well wtih our BM's previa situation. I hope we have a good hospital that is open to adoption and supportive of ABF.

I am very thankful for this site and all the help it offers.

Many Thanks,

Eden

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.