L
Lenore Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam that has appeared on this website in recent weeks we have restricted access to registered members. We have also just added another step to the registration process.

Upon receiving the request for registration, I will be asking the potential member to supply an introductory email. If I do not receive one within 24 hours of the email request I send you, I will have no choice but to deny access to the website.

If for some reason you cannot supply the requested introductory email within the allotted time frame and receive an email denying your registration, please try to register again. We look forward to having you join our wonderful community. We're just trying to foster a supportive environment free of spam.

I realize that this may cause undo anxiety to women who require immediate emergency assistance and in those cases please feel free to email me at lenore@asklenore.info and I'll be happy to assist you.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this extra step in the registration process may cause and I hope you understand that it is for the benefit of all members that we do our best to weed out these awful spammers through this new screening process.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

So far our new registration process appears to be effective. I have been able to identify potential spammers before they gain access to the website.

For those of you who wish to register for our message boards, please be sure to provide a valid email address so that I may reply to you with further instructions. When you receive my email it may come from either lenore@asklenore.info or lengold@sprynet.com depending or my location at the time when I receive your request.

Please reply to the instructions so that I may process your request for membership to the message board. Membership is free and your registration information will remain confidential.

Best,

Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce our new registration policy has been successful at dramatically reducing the amount of spamming we endured in recent months.

However, many potential registrants are using email services with bogus emails in an attempt to join the message boards. Please be advised that a requirement of admission is the ability to send and receive emails so that a brief introduction may be obtained to verify the registrant is not a spammer. And from time to time, I do need to send out a group email for example if there is a pertinent message related to the protocols to induce lactation.

All registration information remains confidential to the best of our ability. We do not provide lists of our members to anyone for any purpose. We have employed every security measure at our disposal to protect our members' registration information.

Having said this, registrants who continue to provide bogus email addresses will be denied access but encouraged to re-register with a valid email address and brief introduction.

Believe me, I wish it were possible to return to our automated method of registration processing as this new manual registration procedure requires considerable time and attention but I am enjoying meeting the new members and offering assistance where needed.

Looking forward to continued discussions and supportive community interaction with you.

Best,

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.