home
Posted By: nostalgicsam Protcol with no hormones - 02/07/08 07:12 PM
Hi I am 6 weeks PG via our surrogate mother, I have had a total hyst no womb or avaries due to cancer, sadly I cant follow the menopause protcol as I am not able to take oestrogen due to the csncer, does this mean I can't induce lactation at all?
Thanks
Posted By: Lenore Re: Protcol with no hormones - 02/11/08 09:12 AM
Dear Nostalgicsam,

Thank you for your message. Kindly ask your doctor if you can take progesterone in the form of Provera 2.5 together with domperidone. Estrogen is only one component. We can work around it.

Best, Lenore
Posted By: nostalgicsam Re: Protcol with no hormones - 03/03/08 08:50 PM
Hello Lenore,
Many thanks for your reply, I am seeing my doctor this week, I'm a litle concerned though as we are expecting twins, will I be able to produce enough milk ? and When should I start the protocol, the babies are due early Sept 08.
Sam
x
Posted By: nostalgicsam Re: Protcol with no hormones - 05/13/08 11:41 PM
Grateful if someone can please reply as Im running out of time.. the twins are due in 16 weeks
Sam
x
Posted By: Lalle Re: Protcol with no hormones - 05/14/08 02:44 PM
I would start the protocol as soon as possible. You will need to stop the bcp about 4-6 weeks prior to the birth of your twins to give yourself time to pump.
Posted By: Lenore Re: Protcol with no hormones - 05/15/08 03:51 PM
Sorry, I was having eye surgery and unable to respond until now.

You have time to complete the protocol if you begin now. Since you cannot take estrogen, progesterone together with domperidone would be the next best thing. Have you discussed the use of progesterone and domperidone with your doctor?

Best, Lenore
Posted By: Hapi Re: Protcol with no hormones - 06/06/08 01:50 PM
Hello Sam. I have made up my own protocol with only taking Dom. I intended to add fenugreek but my Doctor adviced me not to as my blood sugar tends to increase crazily on its own. I am only on Dom. with no hormones as I have had a blood clot in my leg (DVT) last year and so the doctor said hormones, esp. estrogen or progestrone is a big NO for me. I have been on Domp. for 2 months today (taking 80mg/day) and started pumping one month ago, only today I have produced one whole oz. of milk HURRAY, I am excited about this little amount, because it means it coulds happen.

If you pump religiously, I think you increase your chances of producing more milk. The experts around here might help more of course, I am only giving you my own opinion and what my doctor told me.

Good luck and wish you all the best.
© Ask Lenore Forums