home
Posted By: Second Acupuncture - 09/19/08 05:01 AM
Has anyone had success increasing their supply with acupuncture? I had a session this evening. (Great for relaxation, though a massage would be more relaxing and cheaper.)
Posted By: Lalle Re: Acupuncture - 09/19/08 01:21 PM
I have heard good things about acupuncture for lactation but didn't try it myself. I have used acupuncture for other things though.
Posted By: Nona Re: Acupuncture - 09/19/08 02:39 PM
hmm I have not heard of that. Let us know how it goes with you supply
Posted By: Second Re: Acupuncture - 09/20/08 04:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Lalle
I have heard good things about acupuncture for lactation but didn't try it myself. I have used acupuncture for other things though.

Do you know where I could find information on protocols used? I know there are different placements for different procedures that are documented to work. The only internet reference I could find for milk supply said the study wasn't so effective. There was another study showing that acupuncture was effective for women who had mastitis, but that's not me.
Posted By: Lalle Re: Acupuncture - 09/21/08 03:58 PM
I only know of a licensed acupuncturist here who specializes in female issues including low milk supply etc... She has helped a few people I know personally. Like I mentioned I didn't use acupuncture for that, at the time didn't know about it. I would just look for a Doctor of Oriental medicine or licensed acupuncturist who has experience and specializes in those areas and contact them for more info. If they have helped women with issues they should have at least a success rate ratio for you.
© Ask Lenore Forums