home
Posted By: Shirley Natrual Progesterone/Estrogen - 05/21/03 03:39 PM
Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has used natural progesterone/ estrogen creams instead of the bcp for the protocol. I'm currently using natural progesterone for perimenopausal symptoms with good success and would prefer not to stop using it. These natural forms of progesterone/estrogen may not achieve the same response as I believe the progesterone and estrogen used in the bcp is synthetic and doesn't behave exactly the same as the natural forms. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciate. All the best to all of you! Shirley
Posted By: MelanieJ Re: Natrual Progesterone/Estrogen - 05/22/03 06:35 PM
Hi Shirley.

I used a natural progesterone cream with a natural estrogen supplement (soy milk I think). I upped my dosage of the cream and took it continuously instead of on specific days. It did not work for me unfortunately. I could not use the bcp so I just pumped and took motilium. Hope this helps.

Melanie, adoptive mom of a nursing 12mod and a non-nursing 8yob : )
(a new user who has been lurking for a while)
Posted By: ErinKP Re: Natrual Progesterone/Estrogen - 05/26/13 08:07 AM
Hi Shirley,

I've been on the protocol for a year with Yasmin and just switched to estrogen cream and progesterone pills due to my doctor suggesting this would be more natural and just as effective, hopefully. I've just been on it several days but, thus far, have increased breast changes from when I was on Yasmin. Let me know what you find out!

Erin
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Natrual Progesterone/Estrogen - 05/27/13 03:22 AM
Erin,
This thread is 10 years old, so you are unlikely to hear from them.
Jennifer
Posted By: Lenore Re: Natrual Progesterone/Estrogen - 06/20/13 09:33 PM
Some mothers are finding success with progesterone cream however it's important that the dosage delivered transdermally is equivalent to the recommendations in the protocols. Kindly note we no longer recommend the combination estrogen/progesterone pill to women over 35. If you are over 35 we recommend a progesterone-only preparation. This is not the mini-pill because the meds are not used for contraception but rather to develop the milk making structurs of your breasts. Kindly consult with your doctor or email me directly for more information at [email protected]

Best, Lenore
© Ask Lenore Forums