home
Posted By: Kimberley ??s about Goat's Rue - 01/10/10 06:42 PM
Hi,
Due to getting more and more depressed I have had to stop the BCP's. I took Ortho 1/35 for 4 1/2 months. I have read that Goat's Rue helps build breast tissue. Does anyone know anything about it, tried it themselves or know how much to take each day? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: Lalle Re: ??s about Goat's Rue - 01/14/10 01:27 PM
Kimberly where are you at in the process? Would it be too early for you to just go on to the next phase in the protocol?
Posted By: Kimberley Re: ??s about Goat's Rue - 01/17/10 12:56 AM
Thank you for your reply. We are in the middle of our homestudy and it will be March-April before we're on the registry/wait list. We're applying through social services and the process, though a positive experience for us, is long. I did think about beginning pumping but I had been feeling so depressed in general as well as discouraged about here we are 4 years since we began TTC, no child and not knowing how long more to actually getting a child I felt that beginning the pumping and having no child to give the milk to right now would bum me out even more. I was thinking I would just take a mental break and when I feel up to it I would begin the goat's rue and dom together. I don't want to give up on our plan to be able to give breastmilk but I need to seriously consider what is too much for me right now as well as what I can do to help induce lactation when I'm ready and maximize success as best as I can without compromising my own health. I hope that makes sense.
Posted By: Lalle Re: ??s about Goat's Rue - 01/17/10 05:49 AM
That sounds like a good plan to me. You can always nurse with a lact-aid no matter how much you produce (even if it a little or nothing at all) Breastfeeding is more than just the milk. It is bonding and development as well. I found nursing with a lact-aid very rewarding and once you get the hang of filling and washing it they are no more inconvenient than a bottle is.
Take care of yourself Your health is so important.
Posted By: Kimberley Re: ??s about Goat's Rue - 01/18/10 12:49 AM
Thanks again. I've been looking on the internet and found the lact-aid system on Ebay. I think it looks like a great system. I work as a nurse in a nursery/NICU. I wished we had them for the moms there, it would be so much nicer and easier to use than the feeding tubes and syringes they have to use now. The LC at my workplace said the lact-aid systems weren't that great but it seems moms doing lacation induction and breastfeeding love it. I'll definitely get one I think to be prepared for when the time comes. I already have a brand new Medela PIS double electric breastpump. I look forward to the day to be able to introduce breastfeeding to our child.
© Ask Lenore Forums