home
Posted By: rocken_robin26 is it possible - 06/16/03 12:51 AM
I am really really scared of taking bcp's again. I am wondering if it is possible to just start pumping and be able to get my breast milk going again. (I breast feed my kids as babies) Our surro isn't pg yet, but I thought I could at least start.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: is it possible - 06/16/03 01:49 AM
Hello,
It is possible, just takes longer. You may want to consider domperidone also, with the herbs and pumping. You should also order some Lact-aid's. Take care, Cathy
Posted By: DawnL Re: is it possible - 06/16/03 06:48 PM
I agree with Cathy. You don't have to take bcps, but should consider domperidone. That really helps speed things along. I know a few people who just took dom and pumped, and got a full supply after awhile.
If you don't want to consider dom, either, you can still use herbs. But you are not as likely to have a full supply, and should definitely have a few Lact-Aids.
Good Luck!
Posted By: Esther Re: is it possible - 06/20/03 05:55 AM
Hey Robin,

If you're scared to take the birth control pill you don't have to. Just get the domperidone and start pumping and you should be ok. It takes longer, and you may not end up with a full milk supply but some moms do. I think Vicky used the domperidone and pumped/breastfed and brought in a full milk supply for her niece in no time flat. It's amazing how the body responds under stress. In any event, give it a try. All you need is about 4 oz per 24 hours for your baby to get all the immune benefits and other goodies. So it's definiely worth the effort. And as Dr. Newman says, there's more to breastfeeding then the milk.

Esther
Posted By: Anonymous Re:Lact-aid? - 09/10/03 03:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about this. Can you enlighten me?
Posted By: DawnL Re:Lact-aid? - 09/10/03 03:51 PM
Sure!
A LactAid is a supplemental feeding device. Basically, it allows you to supplement while breastfeeding. You can find a picture, and more information about them at www.lact-aid.com If you use a LactAid while breastfeeding, you don't have to use bottles because the baby is getting everything they need at the breast, even if it's formula. this also helps boost your production, because the more bottles you give the baby, the less milk your breasts make.
© Ask Lenore Forums