home
Posted By: Gamet Combination Yasmin and Domperidon - 06/22/11 05:58 PM
Hello,
Our new baby is due in a month (via gestational surrogate). I have been doing the accelerated protocol but only managed to take the domperidone with the Yasmin for the last 15 days. I am scheduled to stop the Yasmin today but just realized that the protocol says to take both together for at least 30 days. Does anyone have any idea how important this detail is? As in, should I extend the Yasmin/Dom protocol for another 15 days or just stop Yasmin now and start pumping?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really value this service - thank you to all who contribute!
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Combination Yasmin and Domperidon - 06/23/11 06:31 PM
I would continue the protocol for 15 more days and then stop the bcp's and start pumping. It will still give you two weeks to pump before the baby arrives.
Jennifer
Posted By: Gamet Re: Combination Yasmin and Domperidon - 06/24/11 01:26 AM
Thanks Jennifer! Do you know why it is so important to do both together for a full 30 days?
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Combination Yasmin and Domperidon - 06/24/11 05:08 AM
Together they build up the breast tissue and prepare the breasts to breastfeed in a similar way that pregnant women do (it kind of tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant). The longer on the protocol the better. I was on it for 9 months one time and 11 months the second time. I had a full supply very quickly after coming off of it (within a few weeks).

Good luck!
Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums