home
Posted By: Frisby expressing not much after menopause protocol - 06/18/15 03:40 AM
Hi ladies,
I am 55 and followed the menopause protocol. Towards the end of it I couldn't help but check if anything was happening and could easily hand express in the shower about 10 sprays - I'm guessing a tablespoon in all. I thought this augured well, but, now that I am off the progesterone and pumping and hand expressing I'm not getting much - maybe 2 teaspoons for the whole day. The sprays stopped altogether a couple of days after ceasing progesterone and I was vexed - but then I read something about hypothyroidism and reduced oxytocin levels impacting on let-down. So I upped my thyroxine by 20mg and felt so much better and the sprays have started again, but unfortunately not as much as in the shower as above. I never get anything out with the pump (hospital grade) despite jiggling, massage, heat,turning pump suction up/down, using combination of let-down + feeding cycle on pump. Hand-expressing is the only way I get milk out, but I can feel marble-sized lumps in my breasts - milk? I am also on domperidone qid 2 tablets and fenugreek tds 2 tablets (working up to tdsx3 slowly).
Someone suggested I might try an syntocinon nasal spray?
Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?
By the way, I am trying to produce a supply of ebm for one of my adult children who is having a very bad time with his crohn's.
Frisby , do you think you built up enough breast tissue ? 60 days is not long enough for some people . I have read that Oxytocin nasal spray is good for milk let down .
© Ask Lenore Forums