home
Posted By: kimjimbo ? about Goat's Rue - 07/02/07 10:52 PM
I have been taking Goat's Rue for a few months. I am about to run out and am wondering whether I should reorder or not. Our baby is due 8/1/07 (only 29 more days!!!) I have enough goat's rue for a few more days but that's it. Should I reorder or just keep taking the Blessed Thistle, Fenugreek, Milk Thistle, and dom?
TIA,
Kim
Posted By: Nona Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/03/07 04:16 AM
Don't take Milk Thistle.. that will not help your milk supply that is a liver detoxifier. The way I would judge if the Goats Rue is working for you or not is to stop taking it for 3 days. If your supply drops then I would order it. But if it does not I would not order it.
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/03/07 01:38 PM
Kimberlee are you pumping yet?
Nona is right do not take Milk Thistle.
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/03/07 01:40 PM
Yes, I am pumping. I started back in April but am still only getting .5 or .6 ml's daily. I threw yhe milk thistle out - so no more for me.
Thanks,
Kim
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/03/07 01:43 PM
How often are you pumping and what pump are you using? How much dom are you taking?
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/03/07 09:42 PM
Hi Lalle,
I pump with a PISA every 2 - 3 hours from 7:30 am - 1:00 am and I usually get up once in the night to hand express. And I'm taking dom 40 mg 4 X per day. So a total of 160 mg daily.
thanks, Kim
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/04/07 12:39 AM
It sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up. You have a lact-aid or other SNS right?
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/04/07 01:37 PM
I have one lactaid (deluxe, I think) I guess I should buy a few more???
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/04/07 02:09 PM
I had the deluxe and added another top piece I also used their bags and the bottle liner bags you can buy at the store. I made myself a pouch. That worked great for me even when we were nursing every feed with the lactaid. I got bags ready and stored them in tupperware cups in the fridge then I would just pop on the top and it was ready to go. I rinsed the top out after every feed so they were ready to be reused.
Posted By: shy Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 02:10 AM
HI laurie... my hubby and I found out today that we are adopting a baby that is being born today or tonight as I write this.. I am going to order the lact-aid and have it shipped tomorrow moring. do you know of anywhere in Jacksonville, Fla. that I can purchase a Lact-aid when I go there when the baby is born? I have prepared for 3 months to do this , and I have taken Domperidone for 3 months, and the BC pill for 3 months also. do I stop the BC pill in the am.. and keep on with the Domperidone? And then start the Blessed Thistle, and the fenugreek tomorrow too? I have not been able to get a response from Leonore.. but, I think that she is not going to be in her office till tomorrow morning.. I think I will hear from her then. thanks for any help.. Lisa C
Posted By: Nona Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 03:31 AM
Yes stop the BCPs.... Start pumping and taking your herbs. You may only have a few days pumping befoe you get your baby. Just use your lact-aid and you should do fine. See if you can fit in some pumping after the baby nurses. I don't know of any place you can get a lact-aid except from the company. Sorry I am no help with that
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 05:41 AM
Lisa I think Nona is right you can only get a lact-aid from the company. You can however use a SNS or make a nurser with a bottle with the nipple split so the hole is bigger and 5 french tubing. I will find you the tutorial in the morning.
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 08:06 PM
http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/lact_aid.html Here you go and there is a video as well.
Posted By: mommy2three Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 09:11 PM
there are usually new lact-aids on ebay too... but if you are in a time crunch and don't want to risk a pokey seller, the company is probably better.
Posted By: Nona Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 09:22 PM
Where would she find a 5 french tubing????
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 09:47 PM
I think like a medical supply. We have a Norco here. I would get on the phone and start calling around. It may even be something you could get in a hardware store but I would tryo a medical supply house first.
Posted By: Lalle Re: ? about Goat's Rue - 07/06/07 10:30 PM
maybe even in the hospital It is pediatric medical grade tubing.
© Ask Lenore Forums