home
Posted By: jenmarko When to start pumping? - 08/01/07 04:28 AM
I have been on the regular protocol for about 4 months. We are matched with the baby due September 4th. My question is do I take the last birth control pill one day and start pumping the next, or do I wait a couple days? Do I start pumping 8 times a day right away, or build up to that? Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: mommy2three Re: When to start pumping? - 08/01/07 08:06 AM
Yup, you have it right on. smile The more you can pump the better, I can't think of any reason to "build" to it. I right now (at 4am) up to pump ... I would definately start right away with 8 pumping sessions. laugh

Congrats and keep us updated!! smile
Posted By: Lalle Re: When to start pumping? - 08/01/07 01:35 PM
Yes Jen you start out pumping around the clock. Just think If you were nursing a baby you would nurse round the clock from the start that is how you pump. How exciting, your baby will be here before you know it. smile
Posted By: Nona Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 04:08 AM
Jen Stop the BCP NOW. Start your pumping and taking your herbs.. Keep up you domperidone. It may take a week to start seeing drops.. So don't get discouraged. Pump every 2 hours.. and once at night. Get to pumpin!
Posted By: jenmarko Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 04:48 AM
I am going to wait to go off of the BCP until Tuesday because we are taking a trip and it would be hard for me to start pumping consistently. I will start pumping Wednesday. I just have a pump-in-style and I am going to see how it works for me. If it is not working I will rent a symphony. Thanks for your advice and I will keep you posted.
Posted By: Lalle Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 04:56 AM
smile The PIS should work fine for you Jen. Sounds like a good plan keep us posted.
Posted By: mommy2three Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 05:17 AM
I agree, PIS is what I have been using. I had a lactina before, I notice no difference. I have no experience with the symphony.
Posted By: Nona Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 04:53 PM
If you choose to go the symphony route.. get a Pump In Style Advanced. Same function but the pump is yours.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 11:13 PM
Well I found out this morning that the e-mom changed her mind. I am sad, but glad that I hadn't started pumping yet. I will stay on the protocol until we are matched again (hopefully soon)
Do you think the PIS Advanced is that much better? I have read that someone like the PIS better. Is it comparable to the symphony? I would consider getting the PISA if it is that good.
Jennifer
Posted By: mommy2three Re: When to start pumping? - 08/02/07 11:42 PM
I am sorry its not going to happen this time. frown frown **hugs**

I liked them both the same, I didn't htink the PISA was worth the extra money, you can speed the regular one up or slow it down based on what you need for a let down, the PISA has a pre-set time where its fast for a letdown, but not everyone is the same, so you may be turning it on and off to restart that phase, or vise versa anyway. jmho
Posted By: Lalle Re: When to start pumping? - 08/03/07 12:11 AM
Jen I am sorry your birth mom changed her mind.

I had the PIS I liked it. It has a setting for the speed and one for the suction, I heard they aren't going to be makign that one anymore so if you want it buy it now.
Posted By: Nona Re: When to start pumping? - 08/03/07 12:17 AM
Well the deal is... Medela is phasing out the PIS. They only carry the original in a shoulder bag now.. not in the Backpack any longer. The PISA is comparable to the symphony. Just much more affordable. It does only have one speed but has the let down switch. But you can control the suction. I went ahead and got the PISA since the original is being fazed out. Also with the Advanced you can take the pump motor out itself and use very little space. The original you have to have the big bag in the way. The motor does not come out. I picked my Advanced up on ebay for 130.00 Half the price of a new one. And it was only used 2 times. So its really up to you. They are both good pumps
© Ask Lenore Forums